Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Shower Organization

We have a large walk in shower, with two shower heads, one at either end.  We only use the one, which you can't see in this photo.

I noticed the other day that the shower organizer was starting to rust, so thought it was time to replace it.
I decided to try this cleaner to get the soap scum off the tiles, as it was too thoroughly clean before putting up the new organizer.
Again, great marketing blurb.  This was $7 from Walmart.  This time I liked the scent of the cleaner.
I also bought a shower scrubber and a grout brush from Canadian Tire.  I think the Scotch Brite shower brush was $12 and you can buy replaceable heads for it.  The grout brush was maybe $4.
I sprayed everything down with the cleaner and let it sit a couple of minutes and scrubbed everything down with the scrubber........and yes it was grimy with soap scum.  So although the length of the handle could maybe be a bit longer, I found it saved my back and did a super job.
I picked up this five pack of shower organizers from Amazon, you can view them here.  It had good reviews and I liked how you could affix them to your wall.
It comes with clear instructions of what you have to do and they are removable as well.
I only ended up using the two baskets as we don't have a lot of things in our shower.
Now our walk in shower is huge, and has two shower heads.  We use just the one with no toiletries on it.
I will say I am very pleased with the shower baskets, and you can lift them off the hooks to clean them.  The shower cleaner was a good buy, as was the shower scrubber.

Also for those who use the Method cleaning products, did you know about the message on the bottom of the bottle?  I didn't but thanks to Robin now I do.  Thanks Robin!

Another update, used the shower scrubber again since the first time and really happy with how it's tackling the soap scum.




7 comments:

Linda said...

We need a scrubber and grout cleaner! Tommy's shower basket broke, and I kep forgetting to buy a new one.Thanks for the reminder. Can you use the other baskets somewhere else, like under a sink or inside a door?
Practical Parsimony

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Very inspiring. I think an organizer would be a good idea, as we have bottles and such on all of the shelves built inside the shower. I have only tried the method wood cleaner for my kitchen cupboards and I like the scent (almond) but it doesn't really take care of the greasy finger prints around the knobs. -Jenn

Jackie said...

I am going to look for that grout cleaner next time I go to Canadian Tire. My back aches something terrible after I clean the grout.

God bless.

Linda said...

Jenn,
I use a toothbrush and Dawn. Plus, you can put the knobs from the stove in the dishwasher.

My Piece of Earth said...

Great buys, with positive results. The shower baskets are something I should look into as I don't have any shelves in my shower to hold toiletries

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I have a shower scrubber that's on a long handle which makes it a lot easier. Don't remember where I got it though. If grout is an issue, I like Lysol Bathroom Bleach Cleaner (comes with a purple label). It's not too 'smelly' and seems to do a really good job.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

did not know about a message on the bottles of method products but after this I am going to run out and read all mine. Thx for the tip on the shower organizers I think I am going to go there after I get my Method bottles to see the message. :-)

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...