Sunday, September 24, 2017

Missing Molly.....

Would you believe it is coming up to five years on October 13th that we lost our dear Molly?  There she is with that hedgehog of hers..........
Where we live is not particularly dog friendly.  We have new neighbours and they have a 12 year old lab called Hudson, he is the perfect gentleman and makes me miss Molly even more.

When we were on vacation in Williamsburg, we saw so many dogs and the majority were so well behaved.  Including this one called Nora, who was sitting on the "naughty bench," like our grand daughter has to do!!
This Nora was only a year or two old, I can't remember exactly.

When we were walking one morning we met a couple who were walking four Bernese Mountain Dogs, ages 4, 3, 2 and 4 months.  I wish I had taken a photo, as they were the cutest bunch albeit a big bunch!!

Is there going to be another dog in our future?  I do hope so, just not while we are living in this house.

5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

They certainly are a good companion and greatly missed.

50 and counting said...

Our boy has the same Hedgehog! He's 11, getting slow, stiff and has cataracts.

I'm dreading the day when he's no longer with us.

He's a lovely Collie. Sweet, gentle, and loves everyone.

Another dog? My heart breaks every time the time comes and I say never again but then I hear of a rescue that needs a home.

William Kendall said...

Molly was a sweetie, and so is Nora!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I remember your beautiful girl Molly - Where has the time gone? But we never get over missing them.


And I've been forgetting to tell you, that Williamsburg isn't that far from me - I'm up in the DC area. Next time you're in this corner of the world, let me know, and I'll buy you lunch! :-)

Karyn said...

Oh Gill, I'm so sorry for your loss. No matter how long they are gone for, our hearts still wish they never had to leave.
Molly was a dear.
Hugs

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...