Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Bits and Bobs

When we were away I picked up a couple of business cards of places/sites I wanted to visit online when we got back home.

Saw this woman at a Sunday market; P.Carter Carpin

It was the bright colours that first caught my eye, but I loved the name banners.  They are made with felted wool, which is something I would like to try.  The link to this lady's Etsy store is above.

King William Alpacas was also at this same market.  Not the Alpacas but their human owners!!!  I hummed and haa-ed over their yarn as it was to die for but ultimately I didn't buy any, which was a mistake on my part, and I am sad that I didn't.   They did say if you call first to make arrangements they will show you the alpacas, which I thought was nice.  Here is one of their Alpacas Flash:

You can buy yarn from Flash's coat here:

One store I sought out while in Williamsburg was The Spice and Tea Exchange.  That was a store for all your senses to drink in.  It was a delight and the lady that was working that day was a joy to deal with.  We picked up some spices as a gift for someone and it included their own Signature Spice Blend.


Everywhere you turned though there was something new to see and look at.  If you are in the area you should check out these places.

7 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...


Thar little alpaca is sooo cute. And, the skein looks soft.

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

I buy alpaca yarn from a locl far, and she labels the yarn with the names of the animals. It is so soft and wonderful to knit with.

Jenn Jilks said...

We have lots of alpacas around here. I love them!
So nice to take tours around the various markets and festivals!

slugmama said...

I hope you got to hit the Lindt Outlet in Carlisle PA on your way home. Next trip down you must find the time for that one. 8-)

William Kendall said...

There's something quite whimsical about an alpaca.

Winifred said...

Never mind the wool I would have bought the aplaca!

Jackie said...

A friend raises alpaca and I bought some wool from her a few years ago. There was enough to make a headband and fingerless mitts. I love them.

God bless.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...