We had our real estate agent over yesterday, her name is Sarah. She wanted to pop by and see our progress. She seemed pleased with what we have done; as we are. During the course of the conversation the home stager situation came up. As I explained at the beginning she charges $125 an hour and I wasn't in love with the woman. Anyway, Sarah said there was no need to bring her in as between us we could do the rest to get ready for the photos.
Immediately I felt so much lighter and happier. I must have been worrying deep down about having to deal with her again. Its not that her suggestions weren't right, believe me they were very, very helpful, but she was just a very overpowering person to deal with.
So we have decided to put the house up for sale around the middle of February, but it could be earlier or later depending on the weather. Also our driveway is an ice skating rink and very dangerous, and there is no salt to be found anywhere at the moment. I got a lead there should be some coming in the beginning of next week at our local Home Hardware so will call them. We are putting ashes down at the beginning of the driveway as dh put his brakes on the other morning and went straight out into the main road. Luckily it was just after 4:30 am so there wasn't much in the way off traffic. We just don't want anyone falling on our driveway and suing us!!
We are not finished all the jobs, should be done 90% of them in the next week or so. The mud room will be done by the end of next week. I will then be able to take photos for you. We will then be waiting for the trim to come back from Hope Acres and our kitchen table also from there. Hopefully they will be back by the end of the month.
The house just then needs to be primped and polished and the final staging and decluttering done. I do feel as though I can see the light at the end of the tunnel finally.
So that is where we are at the moment with the house. I also got rid of another bag of clothing for another 25 things to leave the house this week.