Thursday, January 9, 2014

A great thing to use when painting....

I use disposable paint trays when decorating.  I ran out the other week so asked our son to pick one up.  He came home with this one.  It's three paint trays in one.  A paint tray and two disposable linings and all for $2.  When you finish painting, all you have to do is pull off one of the liners.  The next time pull off the second liner and then you are down to the tray itself.  Once you have finished with that you can dispose of the tray.

He got it from the dreaded Wal-Mart which is the only down side.  Otherwise I give a ten out of ten for this one, not only for the price, but also for how durable it is.  Some of the disposable paint trays are so flimsy, you have to set it inside of a heavy plastic paint tray.

I am on painting the mud room at the moment.  It was all to prime ceiling and walls.  I am painting the inside of the closet the original colour of the kitchen and the main walls of the mud room the kitchen and the living room colour as I don't have enough of that paint to do the closet as well.  Wonder if the Home Stager will notice!!!


5 comments:

Lena said...

I actually never buy liners. I paint a lot, and I just line my tray up with a piece of aluminum foil. Works like magic and costs pennies:)

Rose said...

I have never thought of using tinfoil like the lady in the previous post...what a great idea. I don't know why I haven't thought of that...I line my pans with tin foil any time I make meatloaf, etc...anything that will leave a mess.

Why do you dread walmart? Staff/customers/where it is at?

We have just a small walmart here in town and I like it, then when we got to a super walmart we have to drive to a nearby town...one of those I hate...customers are rude, staff don't give a hoot...feel like I am in the twilight zone when I go there.

The other two are fine...but one is just so huge that I am worn out if I go there. So we usually go to the smaller one and it has most of what we need.

Jane and Chris said...

Thanks for the tip Lena!
Jane x

Jane said...

That is a good tip Lena. But $2.00 for 3 paint trays ain't bad either! Man, I have SO much painting in my future :(

Jane said...

That is a good tip Lena. But $2.00 for 3 paint trays ain't bad either! Man, I have SO much painting in my future :(

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...