Sunday, November 24, 2013

It's been a few days since my last blog post, hasn't it?

Last week was a busy week and in all honesty this coming week isn't looking much better.  Will say though I am very pleased to announce that I have all my Christmas cards written, the dreaded Christmas letter written and everything is ready to mail out for tomorrow.  Here's hoping I get change out of $40 for mailing just the British Christmas cards.  I'll let you know.

On Wednesday I went down to dd and son-in-law's to do some batch cooking for them.  Also to have some Nora time!!!

She seems to be doing fine, not that I had much conversation with her as she was asleep most of the time.  However she did let off the biggest fart for such a small baby.  All her newborn clothes are still too big, but she is feeding well and has plenty of dirty diapers, so that's a good sign, right?  She also had her first "photo shoot," as her parents wanted baby photos taken of her.  She slept right through the session.

I will be seeing her on Wednesday when I go down again.

We didn't go this weekend, as we had things to do to get ready for winter, which included putting up the snow fences.  As it was it was a heck of a shock to get up to all the snow we got overnight on Saturday.  It took dh an hour and a half to blow out the driveway.

One thing we have going on this week is I have arranged for two real estate agents to visit the house on Thursday and Friday to see what they say about the house and any suggestions they have.  Also I want to see what they can offer us and what their plan of action would be for our house if we signed with them.  I am favouring one agent as I have met her and talked to her.  The other lady (both are women) is a lot younger and maybe not as experienced in this area.  Regardless I'll give both of them a fair shot and see who we like better.

So it will be a major cleaning and tidying up week for me.  I also have a few little jobs that need to be accomplished in amongst hands.  Dh got a number of little jobs crossed his list this weekend so that is good.

Look out for a before and after post tomorrow!

5 comments:

anexactinglife.com said...

You have so much going on! I can't believe how much snow you got. Best wishes to Baby and her parents (and grandparents!), and best of luck with the real estate appointments!

j said...

The snow is beautiful but your granddaughter is beyond beautiful. So peaceful looking also(for now lol).

Good luck withe the real estate agent

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

HI Gill! Nora really is beautiful, and holding a sweet little baby like that really does put things into perspective, doesn't it?

You have a busy week, and I continue to be in awe of all you get done--I'm no where close to getting my cards even started... Maybe during Thanksgiving this week! You take care, and hope you have a good week!!

Jane and Chris said...

Ah, bless her! (xxx from aunty Jane).
The snow was horrid wasn't it? And today's cold?!!
Janex

Rose said...

I can't believe you got that much snow! Sounds like you are busy as usual...Nora is adorable. Sounds like a good baby, too.