Saturday, November 21, 2009

Well I guess that's it for this year......

I don't anticipate seeing double digits (centigrade) again this year. The weather seems to be getting cooler, and we could even have snow by the end of next week. I have to say November has been lovely, and mild. Which has been a blessing, with us renovating the attic. We should have the plastic on the insulation this weekend, then we just have the dormer window to sort out with trim and insulation. Then that's it for the insulation up there and then I think we're taking a break from the attic for a while.

Now that doesn't mean we'll be just sitting back, we have a ton of other jobs to do, well dh does, I just "supervise," and I'm a damn good supervisor it turns out.......LOL

Friday was a "perfect" day for me. I pottered around the house cleaning up, got the laundry hung out and dried. Sat down later in the afternoon and read a book; "The Parting," by Beverly Lewis, thanks Carol for recommending it!! Made supper, finished my book, watched a bit of tv and posted on my blog. I didn't leave the house all day and it was a no spend day..YEAH!!!

I am one of those people; when I start a book I can't put it down, so things never get done. In my case, I didn't get time to pop by everyone's blogs on Friday. So my apologies to you if you asked me any questions and I haven't responded. I will warn you I am now starting on another book by Beverly Lewis, called "The Secret," so will be busy this weekend with that no doubt!!!

9 comments:

Tracey said...

I wish we were getting snow by the end of the week! I would love to be snowed in...xxx

Winifred said...

Those kind of days are great.

I'm like you when I start a book if it's good I have to finish it even if I'm up until the early hours. I'm increasing my reading now that the days are getting shorter. The light isn't so good for sewing and you don't feel so guilty when the weather's not brilliant. One of the good things about winter.

Hope you don't get that snow for a while yet!

Scrappy quilter said...

Our Nov. has been beautiful too. We still have plus temps so I'm not going to complain. Getting colder at night though. Today +9C. They are saying we might get snow next week. (Hope so!!)

Glad you enjoyed the book. I'm looking forward to #3 of the series. You might also like Rachel's Secret by BJ Hoff. Another Amish book, yet totally different from any I've read. And BJ Hoff is a fantastic author!!

Hugs

Karine said...

Yes, you're probably right about the double digits, but we were particularly lucky with regards to November this year, it's usually such a drab, dreary month, but this year we got quite bit of sun!

that british woman s brother said...

well our gill you had better look at my blog this week as all hell has broken out here in cumbria - the worst floods we have had for a hell of along time - we are ok but we are the lucky ones

Evelyn said...

Beverley Lewis!

please please do not send the snow east,. I can't afford snow tires for another two weeks!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I look forward to the snow and although it hasn't happened in our 2 years in the country, I secretly hope to get snowed in--As long as I have a good book and snow day food of course!! Stay warm Gil! -Kim-

DeniseinVA said...

I'm the same way, when I pick up a good book it doesn't get put down until the last page is read. I also love snow and ideally it would be great to curl up with a good book, a cup of hot chocolate in front of a roaring fire and watching the snow fall outside. Driving in it to get to work with all this traffic day in and day out? Now that would definitely put a kink in things.

Oman said...

have a nice day!!!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...