Now that I have a better internet connection I thought I'd do a series of 50 + 1 recipe threads again using different types of beans. First up is Chickpeas, which are also called Garbanzo Beans.
1. Savory Garbanzo Patties these are like vegetarian burgers, sound good.
2. Cinnamon Sugar Rattle Snakes, I mean Snacks - these sound neat
3. Monica's and Jamie's Hummus
4. Spiced Chickpea "Nuts" - another tasty snack
5. Chocolate Hummus - a healthier Nutella
6. Just Right Spinach and Chickpea Curry
7. Chickpea Pot Pie - this sounds good
8. Chickpea Fritters with Tzatziki Sauce - these look and sound yummy
9. Chickpea Salad with Red Onion and Tomato - super simple
10. Channa Masala - this can be cooked in the crockpot
11. Grilled Falafel - healthier version, than the fried type
12. Calico Beans - looks good and simple to make
13. Chickpea Pita Salad
14. Chickpeas with Chorizo Sausage - too spicy for me
15. Chickpea Salad with Basil Pesto
16. Chickpea Deli Salad
17. Chickpeas, Feta and Raisin Couscous - I'll have to substitute the raisin (icky!!)
18. Spice-Rubbed Prok Chops with Chickpea Simmer
19. Cheesy Mac and Chickpeas - make a change from the regular mac and cheese
20. Kale and Chickpea Soup - you know I don't think I have ever had Kale?
21. Morocccan Vegetable Pie with Chickpea Crust - who knew you could make a pie crust out of chickpeas?
22. Crispy Chickpea Patties
23. Spicy Chickpeas
24. Curried Chickpeas and Rice
25. Chickpea Pilaf
26. Chickpea and Mushroom Soup
27. Butter Chickpea Curry
28. Gordon's Chickpea Samosa's - a Gordon Ramsey recipe
29. Chickpeas with Winter Vegetables and Saffron
30. Lamb, Chickpea and Squash Tagine
31. Paprika pork with chickpeas and spinach
32. Chickpea Bread - made with chickpea flour
33. Lemony Chickpea Stir Fry
34. Zucchini and chickpea pancakes - sounds different
35. Turkey and Chickpea Coconut Curry
36. Mini Falafel with Yogurt and Cucumber - perfect appetizer
37. Warm Chickpea Salad with Mushrooms
38. Thai Coconut Basil Chickpea Pressure Cooker Recipe
39. Chickpea and Tomato Salad
40. Italian Chicken with Chickpeas
41. Spicy Stir-Fried Broccoli with Tomato-Chickpea Ragu
42. Boiled Cod with Poatoes or Chickpeas
43. Chickpea Muffins - this is a sweet recipe!!
44. Chocolate Chickpea Cake - who would have thought you could make a cake using chickpeas!!
45. Chickpea Brownies - they look really delicious!!
46. Chickpea Bruschetta
47. Chickpea Broccoli Casserole
48. Cumin Chickpea Soup
49. Chickpea and Leek Soup
50. Peasant Pasta and Chickpea Soup - this looks really good
51. Lemony Chickpea and Cabbage Salad
That's quite a variety of recipes there. I am intrigued by the brownie recipe and may try that out on the weekend. Here is the nutritional info for chickpeas.
Next week it will be Kidney/Red Beans.
(BY THE WAY WHERE IS THE SPELL CHECK WHEN COMPOSING A POST, I UPDATED MY BLOGGER AND NOW I CAN'T FIND IT?)
I was busy reading on Wednesday, so never had time to pop over to other people's blogs, sorry!