Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Photos from the UK

Now none of these photos are anything special but all held some meaning for me and I'll explain why.

We travelled through the Yorkshire Dales one day and were reminded constantly how narrow the roads were.  This was one of many tight squeezes on the roads!!  
This is so British I had to take a photo.  The iconic red post/mail box.  This was in Skipton in the market.
 Oh those traffic cones.........miles and miles of them with never a workman in sight.........so familiar; nothing has changed in all these years!!

 This the street our last house in the UK was on.  We are about a third of the way up the hill.  It's as steep as it looks and I made dh park at the bottom of the street.  I was out of puff by the time I walked up to our next door neighbours house.  Yes even after nearly 31 years they are still our next door neighbours.  And you know it was as though we had never been away, we were that comfortable with one another.  We have had many wonderful and some not so wonderful neighbours over the years but I have to say J was the best one ever and we do still write to one another even after all these years.....
No regrets moving to Canada though.  Canada is home and the UK is where we were born.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Love the photos, and yes I remember how narrow the streets were when we visited. I was usually quite scared that we would crash.

God bless.

Winifred said...

That wasn't too bad a road Gill, I hold my breath when my husband takes a shortcut near Penshaw Monument here in the Northeast. I never use those roads.

Love that street it's like a friend of mine's in Durham. I've always wanted to live in an older house with character.

Yes you get good and bad neighbours we have been lucky with ours but we've only lived in 3 places since we got married. Been in the last one for 35 years & I'm not downsizing or decluttering for anybody! Can't stand minimalism, well that's my excuse for being a hoarder of "treasures" & fabric, wool & other stuff & generally messy!

Chris said...

Wonder if that pillar box is still in use.

Bettina Groh said...

How was switching from right side driving to left???

William Kendall said...

Quite a tight fit.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...