Sunday, January 5, 2020

Model Railways and Liam's haircut

Last weekend our local library hosted the local model railway club and they set up a display.  As I had the girls and we always go to the library this was an extra bonus seeing this display.

Unfortunately none of the photos are very good but it will give you an idea of what there was.  I personally know nothing about trains and model railways but do like to watch them.

This display was not child friendly and making sure two sets of hands didn't touch anything; plus making sure they didn't fall off the chairs they were standing on so they could see was not an ideal situation!!

The guys (they were all men) although pleasant were not used to dealing with women and children I think.  I mentioned something and then got a very detailed explanation lasting at least five minutes or more; most of which flew over my head I'm sorry to say.  However it was very kind of them to set up this display for the general public.




I went and got my hair cut on Christmas Eve morning and when I had finished who should be there in the waiting area but Liam and his dad.  As they were next in line I waited with them and helped keep Liam occupied while he was getting his hair cut.  He has had his haircut numerous times, so doesn't scream the place down!!  He has just turned 19 months old.
He's still a red head..............

7 comments:

Joy said...

It's a wonderful display and I find it surprising that they weren't accustomed to children. It's just the sort of thing little ones love.
That's a very smart haircut!
xx

Cherie said...

I much prefer all the tiny modelling side of model railways. I would have great fun creating tiny towns and villages. That little redhead is a sweetiepie.

Winifred said...

How lovely.
Liam is very well behaved there, great photo.
Have to say I love trains, model or real ones. My granddad bought me a train set when I was 5 & I think that's where my interest started.
I used to be a tour manager for a railway holiday company & enjoyed travelling on all kinds of trains. The Isle of Man is great for all kinds of heritage trains, electric, steam & a mountain railway. For travelling to France & on to other European countries give me the Eurostar anyday in preference to flying.

I would love to travel on the Rocky Mountaineer or the Canadian across Canada. Maybe one day!

Jenn Jilks said...

I hear you about the men! They forget!!!!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Love the hair but I am partial to gingers.

Jackie said...

What a cutie Liam is!!

I love model trains, however I just enjoy watching them go around the track. I really don't need to know why or how they work.

God bless.

William Kendall said...

Guys can be quite obsessed with model railroads.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...