Monday, January 6, 2020

Nespresso Vertuo Chrome

For Christmas the kids bought me a Nespresso Vertuo Chrome and Aeroccino  I had tried a sample of coffee at Canadian Tire and fell in love with it.  It has a lovely "Froth/Crema" on the top which I enjoy.  I was also lucky they included the Aeroccino with gives me the frothy milk, again which I enjoy.  I got the mug for Christmas, and it's perfect for that lovely big cup of coffee, don't you think?

Part of the package I received with the machine was a sample package of coffee.  When I was looking at it I noticed the package had an expiry date of the end of November.  So I called Nespresso and they sent me another package right away which arrived on January 2nd.
Inside there are 12 different coffee types to try which will give you an idea of what you do or do not like!  Will say great customer service on their behalf.
I will say I was a little surprised at how expensive these pods are, but in the scheme of things they are cheaper than buying a take out coffee, so that's good.  Does anyone else own a Nespresso machine?  Are there any do's or don'ts?

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I have my trusty old Keurig and Harvey has his expresso/cappuccino machine.

I have looked often at a Nespresso Machine, but the cost of the pods kind of holds me back. That and the fact that they have no place to buy the pods here in my city.

God bless.

Chris said...

This is something I have thought about buying and you have really tempted me to indulge, Gill. I don't buy take out coffee too often (and if I do it's probably MacDonalds) so I wouldn't be saving anything. But it is a luxury I could easily justify. Keep us posted how it is working for you.

50 and counting said...

There are two types of Nespresso machines. The type you have uses the big pods. The second type uses small capsules.

We've decided when the Keurig gives up we're going for the Nespresso that takes the smaller size capsules. These capsules can be bought in supermarkets and Winners/Homesense of all places. Not Nespresso branded but by other coffee companies.

Enjoy your machines. I know what you mean about wanting a frothy coffee but not wanting to go out for it.

Winifred said...

I have a Gaggia and it's my second. The first was wonderful came all the way from Italy by post & lasted 10 years. The replacement has been rubbish. Apparently Philips bought out Gaggia & there have been bad reviews about the standard of them. Won't be buying another.

Your photo reminded me of when I stayed in a hotel in Strasbourg & the room had a box of those pods and I found it confusing trying to choose.

I'm going back to one of those little coffee makers you find in homes & apartments in Italy & Spain where you put the coffee in the top fill the base up & put it onto the cooker to boil. It'll be cheap initially but I'll probably forget about it & burn the house down.

William Kendall said...

As I don't drink coffee at all, I'd have no use for one of those.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...