Monday, October 9, 2017

Had a quiet but busy weekend.

It was Thanksgiving here in Canada this past weekend.  Not that we generally do much for Thanksgiving and this one was no different as the kids rented a "cottage" for the weekend and they all went there.  No, we were not invited, but as neither dh or I are 100% well, we were not overly bothered.

One thing I did do this weekend was catch up with some sewing.  I finally got Paige's quilt top finished, the one that uses all the fabrics from her first year photos.

It is hard to see and the light was shining behind the quilt, so you see the seams.  I have a call into a lady to see about her doing the quilting for me.  It's around a double bed size of 60 inches wide and 77 inches long.  Paige is climbing out of her crib now, so she will be moving into a big bed soon.  She will be 16 months old on the 15th of this month.  The fabric for her birthday shot will be the binding on the outside of the quilt.
I am not a huge fan of Halloween and I do know the mother's of the grands are not that fussy about the children getting a lot of chocolate.  So I decided to make a dog called George all dressed up for Halloween.  These two are for Jeina and Paige.  The material is what I had laying around the house.


Three more to go and then to pick up a Halloween book for each of them!  Not a speck of chocolate in sight from us!

8 comments:

slugmama said...

The quilt will be lovely once it's complete and a great keepsake for the little one.
Oh no! No chocolate!! ack. I may faint and then need some chocolate myself. lolz

Jackie said...

Lovely job on the quilt. I know she will love it.

The dogs are so cute!! Great way to keep the grands happy without chocolate.

God bless.

Jenn Jilks said...

You do such great work.
One of my kids was having some issues, we we paid for another to come visit from Vancouver. Sadly, they weren't here for the dinner, but were going to my daughter's house. That just ticks me off.
Anyway, we'll see what happens.
All the best.

angela said...

Love the dogs. So very cute
Your a good granny the quilt is really pretty

Winifred said...

What a gorgeous quilt. I do love the dogs far better than halloween stuff. I detest the whole thing.

Bonfire night was wonderful when I was young now it's just about disappeared which is a shame. Never mind I'll get to watch the fireworks as Disneyworld soon. Still not as exciting as watching my Dad light the fireworks in the back yard & waiting to see what would explode.

Jane said...

That quilt is such a great idea! And the dogs too for Halloween. I had neighbours when I was a kid that would give me things like that instead of candy and I'm sure my mom appreciated it!

William Kendall said...

Cute Hallowe'en dogs!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

What a lovely idea the quilt is and such a spec8al keepsake. Loving those dogs, better than chocolate any day xx

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...