Friday, October 27, 2017

Pocket Pack Tissue Cover Tutorial....

Another quick and easy gift to make.

Pocket Pack Tissue Cover:

Materials needed:

4 pieces of material 5 3/4 inches x 4 inches
Thread
Scissors
Tape Measure



Decide which material's you want to use where. Take two pieces of the material and fold in half.
 The other two pieces lay them down with good sides facing outwards.
 Place the two folded pieces on top of the other pieces of material.  Please note the material with the circles on, will be the outward facing back of the tissue cover.

Make sure the two folded edges are butted together tightly.  You can pin them together so they do not move, or if you are lazy like me 😋 I just ironed all the pieces well and that worked as well.
  Stitch all around the edges of the material using 1/4 inch seam.  I then trimmed all around the edges using my pinking shears (zig-zag) to stop the edges fraying, and it looks neater.  Or you could just sew a zig-zag stitch all around with your sewing machine.
 Turn it right side out.
Notice now the darker material is on the inside of the cover.
 Add a package of tissues and you're all done.
These are so handy to have in your handbag, or backpack.  I will make a couple of these for the girls to put in their backpacks for school.

Quick question now for you.  If you were to pay for one of these (with a package of tissues inside) how much would you be willing to pay?





6 comments:

Evelyn said...

love it! i was thinking 6 or 7 dollars?

Karen said...

I really like your fabrics. I bought one a craft shop at the local nursing home this summer for $5.

Fishcake_random said...

I would say around the £2 Mark. You could make a huge amount in short time for very little. They'd make a nice pocket money priced gift and stocking stuffer.
X

William Kendall said...

Well done. Say 5-7 dollars?

Stella said...

I love these. I have made some for gifts. So simple to make. I carry one in my purse.

Practical Parsimony said...

$3, But I can sew, so I would never buy one.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...