Thursday, April 21, 2011

"The Watcher, " and a blah day.....

The Watcher ~ by Sara Davison




"Kathryn Ellison’s life is nearly cut short when she is abducted and brutally assaulted in a case of mistaken identity. A mysterious light saves her life as one would-be killer flees and the other lets her go. When she meets Nick Lawson, the brother of the intended victim, at the courthouse, they both know they are meant to be together. The timing is not right, though, as Kathryn needs time to heal before she can be with anyone, especially a man who reminds her of everything that happened. Twenty years later, when Nick shows up at her door again, Kathryn realizes she needs to finally close all the doors she has left open and asks for some time. Over the next six days, she burns the letters she received from one of the men who abducted her, lets go of her first love, and faces a growing threat – the other man involved still considers that unfinished business and is coming back to finish the job he started. The Watcher is a story about understanding what one needs to hold on to in life, what one has to let go, and the unseen forces that help along the way.  
Copyright © 2010 Sara Davison"

This book is really interesting, because it's narrated by a "person/thing" that you have no idea who it is.  I guessed numerous times and each time I was wrong, it's not until the very end you get to know who it is.

It does take a while to really get into the book, but it really is worth persevering, as you will not be disappointed.  You may end up guessing the odd thing but the story is complex enough you never quite know what will happen next.  It's one of those books where you do have to concentrate on what is going on, as there are many layers to the story which all relate to one another.

I know I couldn't figure out why one character was in the book until closer to the end when their part of the story was told.

Stars out of 5: A very solid 4.  The only thing that let it down was the beginning, as it wasn't an easy story to get immersed into.  However when you get past that point its well worth the read.


"Book has been provided courtesy of Word Alive Press and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available now from your favourite bookseller."


It was a blah day on Wednesday with rain and fog for most of the day.  I just didn't feel well at all, and I even had the fire on in the morning and wore a thick sweatshirt all day, so I must be sick as I never feel the cold.  I actually must be really sick as the kids were coming up Easter Sunday and I called and cancelled, as I have very little energy and I don't want them picking up what I have.

This is so unlike me to get a ear/nose and throat thing again so soon after the last dose I got.  I must be run down or something?

13 comments:

Valerie said...

The book sounds like the sort of intrigue I like. I'll look out for it. I hope you start to feel better soon. I reckon your weather is getting you down.

angela said...

I hope you feel better soon, sounds terrible. There is a lot of that going around here too. Must be the change in seasons, then again we have had a very wet summer so winter is looking pretty bad here.
take care

Scrappy quilter said...

I had a total different take on this book. I didn't like the "thing" part of the book and found the book really hard to read considering the topic. I had my review last week. Hope your weather improves...we are suppose to get flurries again tonight. Hugs

Scrappy quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeniseinVA said...

I do hope you feel better soon Gill. Thanks for the great book review. It sounds like a very interesting read.

John Going Gently said...

just read your bad and good THINGs

hope things get better soon!

Rose said...

You don't complain too much, so for you to complain, you must really feel yukky! I hope it don't hang on like the stuff Roger, Sarah and Lorelei had...poor little Lorelei took forever to be over hers...but she didn't feel bad long. Sarah and Roger both felt yukky for a couple weeks.

Kk said...

I hope you weather & health improves.
I think I will have the book soon. Nice review!

Rose said...

Gill, do you know who got voted off Idol tonight? I totally forgot to watch and the website doesn't say yet!!!

Sandi McBride said...

I am hoping that whatever bug has invaded your life that you send it packing, Gill...hate to hear that you are under the weather! This does sound like a book I'd like...did you happen to read The Lovely Bones? Wonderful book, bad subject...here, take this whiskey and lemon, it'll make you feel better.
Sandi

Stella Jones said...

That book sounds really interesting. Almost worth being sick for? I like suspense and you have me wanting to know who, why and what?
Keep warm. Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

interesting book.I have been reading alot of Dennis Lehaye lately

Evelyn said...

ooops saw my sons freind was still signed into my blogger account so it may look strange lol. it is really Evelyn here

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...