So me and dh spent most of the day putting up the tar paper in the "new" basement. Now we did have to take a break as we ran out of supplies, so had to run out for them. Putting tar paper on the walls is not as easy as it sounds. We could have done with an extra pair of hands, but once we got going it sort of came together not too bad. We are hoping to finish it off on Sunday afternoon, depending on how long dh has to work on Sunday.
This photo is looking to the south side of the basement. The window is bigger it's just partially covered in tar paper. Molly came downstairs for a look.......we bought all the insulation last year to do the attic and that is what is leftover. We hope to have enough to complete the basement.
This is looking towards the north side of the basement. Most of that end of the basement will be my new laundry room. Again the window is a lot bigger when it's not covered with tar paper. Oh and yes that is dh is the background!!
These are the patio doors leading from the basement.
Now it would be a big help if we could clear out some of the mess in there and so give us more room, but at this point, that isn't happening.
All we want to achieve at the moment, is to insulate the walls to make it warmer down there. Then in the New Year we are going back to the attic with the hopes of getting that finished in the Spring.
The sun came out later in the morning and shone all day, it was a lovely day, cold but very sunny.