Thursday, November 23, 2017

Made out like a bandit..........

I have discovered a new to me fabric store.  It's called Hummingbird Sewing in Barrie, Ontario.  To save me travelling to drop off my quilt, when I wanted it sewn, Rose uses this store as a drop off and pick up point.  I signed up for their newsletter and emails, and got an email to let me know that on Wednesday they had a couple of special deals.  The zippers were buy one get one free and ten packages of buttons for $10.  There wasn't a great selection of zippers, but did pick up four for the price of two for my stash and get ten packages of buttons, as they are always handy to have on hand.

This is what I go for $10:

I was so pleased with what I chose, as they will be good for both knitting and sewing.  Not sure if you can see the prices, but the package with three buttons on them is normally $7 each package.  They are so pretty.  Not sure what I'll do with the spiders, probably something Halloween themed!

I had to go to Barrie for a couple of other things, so it was worthwhile me stopping by to pick these up.

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends south of the border, hope you have a lovely day!

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a great score on those buttons. All we have in our town is a very horrible chain fabric store that has hardly any buttons. And most of them seem to be rejects from Value Village. How I long for a lovely painted button or something nice in wood....

William Kendall said...

Some colourful buttons!

angela said...

Nice score. Butttons are always so expensive

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...