Sunday, November 19, 2017

Walking the Serengeti

I am not walking the actual Serengeti, but I did just get the Fit Bit badge for walking a total of 500 miles since I started walking.  Not bad since the end of June.  

"You may not have seen wildebeasts, giraffes or zebras on this trek, but you have walked 500 miles—the same distance as the Serengeti, one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World."

I am still enjoying my walking, especially as it is a lot cooler now, which to my mind is perfect walking weather.  I am not happy walking when it's stinking hot, pouring with rain and I guess I'll not be happy when it's snowing like crazy and is icy.

I am down between 26 to 28lbs, I seem to fluctuate with those two pounds, but I am still holding steady with my weight, which is good.  If I made more of an effort I would lose more, but I am enjoying this slow and steady weight loss as it doesn't feel like hard work.

My next badge I am working towards is Italy which is 736 miles walked.  Hoping to get that by the end of January/beginning of February.  I would also like to earn the High Tops badge which is 20,000 steps in one day......but I don't think that will be happening any time soon.  If I get over 10,000 steps per day I am a happy camper.

This Fit Bit is keeping me motivated and I would highly recommend getting one.

7 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

Wow! That's fantastic - congratulations, Gill! Slow and steady is the way to go, especially if you're enjoying it. If you make yourself miserable during the process, what's the point? I need to take a page from your book and get myself outside. Looking forward to hearing about Italy :D xx

Evelyn said...

I have considered getting one too as I walk everyday for 20 minutes and it keeps me in shape. Congrats on the weight loss, slow and steady is the best

Frugally challenged said...

I've had a Fitbit for several years and although there is no way that I could do 10.000 steps as day (disabled) I still find it motivating. For me it's just important to keep moving and Fitbit helps me to move just a little bit more.

William Kendall said...

Walking is good for you.

T'Pol said...

Congrats on having walked the Serengeti! That is a nice touch of the app I guess. Happy walking! I am very inspired by you.

Winifred said...

Congratulations, that's brilliant!

Jackie said...

I think I might need a Fit Bit. Good for you.

God bless.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...