Tuesday, November 21, 2017

What to do when it's cold and snowy outside......

Snuggle up under a quilt and sew the binding on it and that will keep you toasty warm.
Rose did a beautiful job again on this quilt; she also quilted Nora's quilt.  I will post a full photo of it when it is completely finished.  I love this material I used for the backing and binding, it's called Architextures for Robert Kaufman,  I have used the tangerine colourway on another quilt and this is the grey colourway.  I would use it again, it's a good neutral to use.

I got a number of pocket tissue covers and matching key fobs finished for the animal shelter also on the weekend.
That will have to do for them for the moment as I have some other sewing I need to get crossed of my list, including making Barbie clothes.  I have four "naked" Barbie dolls sitting on the dining room table, so need to make a wardrobe of clothes for them and the rest of Nitara's Barbies for her birthday in January.  

If anyone has some links for free Barbie clothes patterns please let me know.  I have found a couple but not 100% happy with them.  I also need to run up four Baby Doll Pouch Blanket's for the girls for Christmas, as I think both the big girls and the babies/little girls will enjoy them.

On a night I am tackling a knitting project and will show you that once I get a decent way into it.  I would like to get an adult hat also knit before Christmas as well as a little present for someone.  All in all I have plenty to keep me out of mischief for the forseable!!

Are busy with making things for Christmas?

5 comments:

Evelyn said...

Wow Gill you certainly have the projects on the go! I don't do crafts so I don't make things for Christmas

Patricia said...

You are very busy with Christmas projects, I don't make any gifts for Christmas as I usually leave it to the last minute and get myself all worked up about finishing in time. If I was smart I should try and make one Christmas project every month starting in Jan.
Good luck on the Barbie doll clothes, when my girls were young I made clothes for their Barbie dolls, and vowed never to do it again. They are so small and fiddly to sew.
Love the fabric on you quilt look forward to seeing it completed.

Keep warm
Patricia

William Kendall said...

You've been quite busy!

Winifred said...

Love that fabric.
There are lots of clothes you can get to here on this link https://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/barbie_fashion.php

Still doing my charity knitting, nothing especially Christmassy! Most of my Christmas present buying is via Tinterweb now!

Jackie said...

Busy, busy. Love that fabric.

God bless.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...