Monday, July 11, 2016

Some nice things happening in this big bad world of ours.......

I read a lovely story of a 103 year old lady "running" the bases at a baseball game.  You can read more about it here.

Remember the other day I was complaining about driving on the highway?  Well I should have read about the Shetland Traffic News and Advice.........and I thought I had problems....LOL

Managed to watch part of the men's final at Wimbledon, Andy Murray deserved to win, though I was cheering Milos Raonic on as he is Canadian.

Sort of watched the final in the Euro Cup with Portugal winning.  Can't say I was fussed either way who won.  Dh kept falling asleep, so not the most exciting game, right?

These Tiny Houses are a big thing nowadays.  Not sure I could live in 100 + square feet, but I do like looking at them.  You can see some here.

Finally this:

7 comments:

Betsy said...

It's nice to read some "Nice" news for a change. :-). I enjoy watching those tiny house shows. I think I would like to live in a much smaller house than ours, but my sweet Hubby doesn't want to move unless it's out to the country. I'm not quite ready for that yet.
Blessings,
Betsy

Winifred said...

Yes that Shetland traffic is a bit of a nightmare, you wait at least a couple of minutes. The gates don't close until the last minute then the plane just swoops down. Makes a change from the trains where you are stuck there for ages!

Have to say I loved Heather Watson & Henri Kontinen the mixed doubles champions. They were my favourites and an absolute delight to watch as they really enjoyed themselves.

Didn't watch the footie at all. They are all overpaid & too big headed for me. Especially the England players. There was very little interest here before the Euros began, never saw any flags at all on cars which is unusual. Think people are fed up with these players of today.

Northern Living Allowance said...

I just finished watching the BBC detective show 'Shetland' and have added the Islands to my "Places I Need to Visit" list, but not sure now I've read the traffic reports. Awld Ethel sounds a right nightmare! x

Sonya Ann said...

I love tiny houses!! And I could spend houses looking at all the pictures and how they have managed to shove so much in such a small space. That said I don't think that I could ever get rid of so much that I would fit in one.
And I don't see myself doing much today either.

William Kendall said...

I can relate to that pic!

Junk Journal Penpals said...

We watched the tennis and the football and soon it will be the Olympics again. Doesn't seem like 4 years since the last lot, does it.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

There is nice news out there -- shame we don't hear about it often. I guess bad news makes more money. Sad.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...