Sunday, May 1, 2016

What I want to make next........

Someone asked me if I was still knitting?  I am in between sewing.  I made this dishcloth this week using this pattern  Love how it turned out.
I am going to start on knitting a Beekeeper's Quilt next week.  It's going to be a project that is done over a long while.  Here is an image of one that's being put together:
and another image:
I purchased the pattern from Tiny Owl Knits and I think it will be a fun project and very portable, something to take with you where ever you go.  Has anyone ever made one of these?  Myself and Angie from The Knitting Basket are going to be doing one each and maybe some other women?  I am in no rush to finish it, and will be doing it on a Thursday when I go to the Knit and Sit.

Then I am jumping on the Necessary Clutch Wallet bandwagon.  I purchased the pattern on the weekend and the hardware.  Not sure which fabric I will be using yet, but again looking forward to making this.  

You can buy both patterns online, let me know if you have made either of these projects?

8 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

The blanket looks wonderful, such a delight.

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

I've seen the bee keeper quilt, thought of making it, but haven't yet. I've also though of making a wallet similar to yours. I've got lots of ideas but don't seem to be following through on them. I do always have dishcloths on the go, a pick and take project, and everyone loves knitted dishcloths.

Jackie said...

I haven't made any of those patterns, but they look like fun projects.

God Bless.

Stella Jones said...

The bee keeper's quilt looks interesting. I can see how it got its name. Good luck with that. The clutch bag will be very useful. Your dishcloth looks too good to use.

William Kendall said...

The dishcloth reminds me of ones done by my aunt.

Betsy said...

I made a small bee keepers quilt for a baby a few years ago. It was lots of fun. I used baby weight yarn so it went a bit faster than the fingering weight versions. I just started a Memory blanket that will take me years and years to do. I'm using the ends of my skeins of yarn after making a pair of socks. Fun but it will be a long lasting project. I do like the look of that wallet. I like that style that has room for everything. Have fun!
Blessings,
Betsy

Jane said...

Wow - love the bee keeper's quilt!!

angela said...

That is the exact same dishcloth I first made as well. It was the first time reading a pattern for me.
They a re so versatile. They have gone from my kitchen to the laundry to now in the shed. They have lasted years.
Can't wait to see the other projects started

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...