Saturday, May 28, 2016

Babies, weather, grass and drywall...........

Babies:

No babies yet.  One should have been here yesterday but is hanging in there.  The other will be here in less than two weeks.  If first baby is reluctant to pop out itself, then it will be helped out the same day as number two baby.............

Weather:

Stinking hot and humid............no I am not happy!

Grass:

Got the hole filled up and new grass laid last week or the week before.  Anyhow, I was helping dh at the time so I couldn't "supervise" the "boys" when they were laying the new turf.  Suffice to say it looks like a dogs dinner.  So we dh sprinkled  soil and grass seed over where they had missed.  Along comes a big water truck with what looks like a fireman's hose on it that's operated from inside the truck and dumps hundreds of gallons of water on the grass in a matter of seconds.  I last saw the grass seed and soil sailing away down the street............

Oh by the way, the gardeners are here once a week.  I have no comment about how they are getting on, other than my neighbours weeds look very healthy!  We are taking care of our own for the most part, saves me getting too stressed out at the dimwits!

Drywall:

Well that is coming along.  It will be all done by Tuesday and for what little I have seen looks okay, I refuse to go down there and have a nervous breakdown at the mess.  I think their aim in life is to make the biggest mess possible for me to tidy up..........I am neurotic when it comes to drywall dust and really, really hate it, so in a state about it all...........

Did pick up a big pail of primer/undercoat so will make a start on that next weekend.  The guys did say that I could paint the day after they leave?  It will take me the rest of the week to tidy up the mess down there and try and get rid of the dust in the rest of the house.

6 comments:

Betsy said...

Your life sounds fairly stressful at the moment. Maybe two babies the same day. Now that IS exciting! Sorry about the grass, the drywall and the various messes. Try to close your eyes to it all and take deep breathes. Ha! Meanwhile it's very cool here right now. And windy. The ever lasting wind is driving me cuckoo. Our daughter lives in the D.C. Area and said it's terribly hot and humid there too. I guess we're never happy are we? I hope your weekend improves my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

mamasmercantile said...

Such a shame about the grass seed. Hope all goes well with the babies. Take care.

Evelyn said...

yikes Gill! wouldn't it be wonderful if both babies come same day?

Karen said...

If the hired "gardeners" are doing such a lousy job, could you not complain to your condo association? I've seen those big sprayers they "water" with being used in a new subdivision in the town closest to us and it sure does make an awful mess. I've seen other contractors doing work along another street where the municipality laid new sidewalks and curbs, and a fellow actually handles a much gentler hose/stream.
In my mind, the municipality wants it done RIGHT the first time because it is going to be on the hook for making repairs to the washout. In the private subdivision, the contractor doesn't give a rats because the home owners are the only folks who care that it looks like crap and will be out there fixing it up on their own dime. Just my opinion from personal observation.

William Kendall said...

I suggest music to destress. Probably better if the two babies don't come along on the same day, what with sharing birthdays and all.

Fishcake_random said...

Myself and my sister in law were due the same day. We ended up almost 4 weels apart lol I was 2 weeks longer she went two weeks over.
x

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...