Saturday, February 6, 2016

That's one way of getting my butt into action......

Angie at The Knitting Basket is having a competition and you have to submit photos of how you organize your stash of yarn.  So I decided to sort it all out and put it in some sort of order and without spending any money.

We have some Ikea storage baskets in the basement so figured I would use one of those. 


As you know I have been knitting less than a year, but have been quilting for many years.  So I knew all about "stashes," and as I have enough material downstairs to sink a ship, I was determined not to go down that path with yarn.  I can safely say I have failed!!  However I do know I can/will use this yarn at some point, just as I can/will use my material stash at some point!!!

If you are on Facebook I will post the link to the contest, maybe you can vote/like my photos, as that is the way to win this, by getting the most likes for your photo(s).

10 comments:

Betsy said...

I like that shelving basket with drawers. Quite handy for lots of things. I also have a striped tote just like yours! Your stash is perfect and looks very manageable to me. You should see mine. A double closet full of shelves isn't big enough. I also have bins full in the living room.
Blessings,
Betsy

Anna of Mutton Style and Years said...

Nothing like a competition or visitors to encouraging tidying. I need to find a tidy your bedroom competition for Mr Him and I.

mamasmercantile said...

Love the storage baskets, wonderful to glimpse the contents.

Boopnut said...

I should get organized with my paper crafting! Best of luck with the contest!
Deb

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

Your organizing is great. But yarn has a way of multiplying quickly :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Good for you for organizing your yarn!

William Kendall said...

That looks well organized!

Country Gal said...

It's nice to have things organized . Lots of pretty colours of yarn , Good luck with the contest , Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

Jackie said...

Nicely organized. Good luck with the contest....

God bless.

Rose said...

This is part of the reason I don't even attempt to knit or crochet...I have enough fabric to last two lifetimes!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...