Friday, March 27, 2015

Just dragging my sorry butt behind me on Thursday....

It was an effort to do anything on Thursday Our Little Munchkin's Quilt Day.  As it was sewing day I did get it all out and made a good start on it.  It will be 6 blocks across and 8 blocks down.  Each block being 10 inches square.  Plus there will be a border around it as well.  I got 32 blocks completed:


There are 8 of each colour pair.  I have the other's cut out ready to go, but was pooped by that time.
Thank goodness there was enough of the grey neutral material to tie it all together.  I wanted to keep the pattern very simple as there is such a mixture of patterns in the material.

I sat in the front breakfast area of the kitchen as the light is better there.  I normally sit in the back of the house.  I have no idea what was going on, but it was so busy with traffic today.  

Next Thursday I am going down to the community centre to sew with a group of other ladies,  I am not fussed about the company although it's always nice to chat to others.  What I am doing it for is to be distraction free for a few hours.  I get side tracked in the house with bits and bobs and I do want to get this quilt top done.

I do have a question for any quilters out there.  I am thinking of getting someone else to do the quilting for me.  Do you have any idea what I should be paying someone to do it, it's single/twin sized?  I will of course provide everything, they just have to do the actual sewing.  I'll even sew on the binding myself.

Had the music on today and this song came on:



I will admit to dancing along to this!!!  Well not dancing, just swaying side to side!!!  What an incredible woman she is.

11 comments:

The Cranky said...

I only wish I looked as good at my age as Tina Turner does at hers!

Your quilt is going to be smashing!

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

That quilt is going to be incredible. I look forward to seeing it when it's all done. Tina Turner is awesome.

EG CameraGirl said...

Tina Turner is an amazing woman, that's for sure! Congrats on getting a good start on the quilt.

Boopnut said...

Can't help you with your quilt, but Tina Turner is an inspiration! I would love to dance to any of her songs.
Deb

Scrappy quilter said...

Getting someone to quilt it can get very expensive. Long arm quilters usually charge by the inch. Why not ask at a quilting store and see if they know anyone who does it and give them a call. For me, I would quilt it myself. I've only ever got one quilt quilted for me and it was a quilt for dh for Christmas. It cost me $350.00 (yup expensive). The quilt I showed a couple days ago on my blog will probably be quilted by a long arm quilter. However the rest I do myself. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

William Kendall said...

We all have days when it seems a struggle to get going.

Jenn Jilks said...

It's a lot of work, isn't it? I have never done one. It will look terrific, I think!

Summer said...

your quilt will be lovely, I've only ever made one baby quilt and quilted it myself on my machine, my first ever quilt! I've not made one since lol I found it hard but its all experience and practice.

McVal said...

Awesome quilt! And fun that you go sew with others! Love Tina Turner.

Linda said...

Tina Turner is great, Gill. I am enjoying your progress on this quilt.

Rose said...

Well, I seen this the other day...so I emailed a friend who sometimes had her tops quilted. She pays approx. $100 for a twin size with simple quilting such as meandering.

I think a lot of the longarm quilters do go by the square inch, and the degree of difficulty of the design chosen. BTW, it is looking good.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...