Saturday, March 21, 2015

I feel as though I am losing it this week......

Remember the Slipper Thief post from the other day?  If not click here.

I had another "incident" happen to me on Thursday.  I sent out the following email to the book club members as we all live on the same subdivision.


"Just when you think you have seen it all something else happens. I came home today and wasn't sure if the garbage men hadn't been to our house.  As I put my garbage out inside of my garbage bin, I had to lift the lid to see if they had been or not.  Imagine my surprise when I lifted the lid, to find two presents there of bagged dog poop.

Now as I seem to live in a permanent brain fog, I had to think about this for a few seconds, as to when I had gotten a dog.  I then realized we don't have a dog and someone had put them in there.

I am not mad or anything, more astonished that some person (s) would have the audacity to do this.  I should thank them though, as it made me think for a few seconds, and bring me out of my daze."

A knock came to the door a while later and it was my neighbour.  His wife is a member of the book club and he was the culprit.  I probably wouldn't have noticed the dog poop if he had put it inside of the bag in the bin, but he put it on the top.  

Their garbage is picked up first thing, and mine not until later in the morning.  This dog poop had been left in the bottom of his bin, so he knew ours hadn't been picked up and popped it into our bin.  They had the same situation in their last home and did the same things with their neighbours.

I felt bad "complaining" and her having sent her husband over, but at the same time I personally don't think it is a thing you should do.  I played up on the fact to them that I was more concerned I was losing it and had thought I had got a dog and forgotten about it.

The dog situation is a big bone of contention on this subdivison.  As it is mainly retired folk who live here; we have a lot of dogs, especially small white ones!!  For folk who don't have dogs, dogs peeing and pooping on your grass is not a good thing.  The majority of the people do pick up after there dogs, but some don't.

For the people with dogs, they don't see the harm in letting the dogs walk on your front grass and peeing.  We have no sidewalks/footpaths.  

After the winter melt, it seems there are a lot of "presents" all over the place.  So in the next newsletter this issue will be brought up AGAIN!!

I am waiting for the condo board to tell me to take down my no dog signs (see this post) as no signage is allowed.  So far they haven't sent anyone over.  It will be interesting to see which board member draws the short straw and has to have the discussion with me!!!

If I sound a bit cranky with this situation you are right, there are a number of little things that are annoying me.  I just hope I can get over it as I don't plan on moving any time soon, as I LOVE our house.

P.S. I love dogs, honestly I do.  I am still pining for our Molly, but this is not the right area for owning a dog........but what do I know?

P.P.S. Just read this post and had a good cry.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a security camera and catch the poopers in action.

Boopnut said...

How disgusting! Have you thought of returning the poop bags and putting them on their front porch?
Deb

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

i agree with you Gill as a former pet owner (cats and dogs) and now petless by choice. It is inconsiderate of others to let their pets do their business on other people's property. And the same goes for those who do not clean up after their dogs. Having a pet is a responsibility and you should voice your complaints (again) to the condo board and IMO a sign is better than a pile of poop. Thankfully, this mill apt has a no dog policy.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Ah yes, the pooping/peeing dog situation -- I understand it well. We live in a gated community of bout 75 houses. When the subdivision was built it was created with empty-nesters/retired folk in mind -- in the beginning there were no children but in the recent past there have been more families move in with children. But, there are dogs -- a number of small white ones! In fact, when I moved here I had one of those small white dogs. She has now gone to doggy heaven and I choose to remain petless. She always stayed in our back yard, when she was out at all, and she never bothered anybody. Now, fast forward to last year -- my husband planted a beautiful curved bed of dianthus -- it was so lovely -- and one day it just started dying. It looked like it had been burned. One plant at a time. He thought it contracted some sort of disease -- I am certain it had been peed on by one of the passing canines. They are supposed to be on leashes but a number of them aren't and I am sure that is what became of my dianthus. I feel your pain, Gill, I really do.

Kitty Greene said...

I feel your pain ! some people are so selfish.
I know someone who used to scoop it up and 'give it back' to the culprits.

Scrappy quilter said...

We don't have dogs doing this in our subdivision. We have cats!! Nothing worse than working your lot and having cat droppings everywhere. I hope your subdivision can get this worked out!

Marie said...

I hear what you are saying, however, I would much rather have a couple of bags of picked up poop in my garbage can than on my lawn.
I would be thanking the owner of the "little white dog".

William Kendall said...

This is why I'd prefer living out in the country.

Country Gal said...

Turn the hose on them lol ! I would bag it and deliver it to their doorstep with a note saying if you don't stop your pet from pooping on my land then you will get it back on your doorstep lol ! believe me I have done it only not bagged I just shoved it and dropped it off ! I don't know if I could be pet less . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Winifred said...

Oh dear sounds awful.

Strange not having footpaths. Surely that's dangerous if you have to walk on the roads?

I live in a New Town & for some reason they built lots of estates with footpaths but just roads to access them. I suppose they didn't want to encourage people to walk along main roads, but they do! They have put some paths in but it's really annoying & dangerous when you're driving having to watch out for pedestrians. At least they did put them in where the houses are.

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

I love dogs very much. Some of the owners...not so much. Not all of them are responsible or courteous or respectful of others. And even though we have leash laws in our city, some dog owners let their pets run wild. The law, apparently, does not apply to them. Until you pull out your camera and pretend to tape them. Then you see how quickly they put the leashes back on. So funny.

Linda said...

I had to smile at the first comment here, Gill, but I think that is a good idea. Evidence speaks volumes.

Out My window said...

Well at least you know? Thought old age was getting you? People need to pick up after their animals.I remember as a little girl living with my grandmother in a very fancy subdivision. The neighbors were mad that we were living there, it was a huge house but single family neighborhood. Gma had a small pekinese dog that she watched carefully. Neighbors started to put huge piles of dog poop on her front porch obviously not coming from her dog. They were just mad that we were living there ah childhood.

Joolz said...

Our vehicle dealership is on street corner. You'd be surprised at how many people stop and let their dear little dogs piddle on the corner of our showroom! Disgusting and bloody annoying!

Jane said...

I live in a small condo complex and dog poop is a problem here also. My neighbour dog sits of all things and I've had to make a couple calls about hime not picking up after the dogs. Sigh...

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...