Thursday, June 19, 2014

All moved in...............

It's been a long hard week so far.  The move went by okay but it was so hot and humid.  We finally got something to eat around 7 pm.  Came home and had a shower and was in bed by 9 pm.  

For people who are my friends on Facebook, this will be a repeat of information.  We have had two major minor issues, one was dealt with right away and the other is an ongoing problem.  Someone turned off the gas to the house, so after having a VERY cold shower on Tuesday morning I tracked down the site supervisor to come and figure out the situation.  Dh told him he thought the gas had been turned off and he was right.

The other more major issue is Bell Canada.  When we booked to have their services transferred to the new house I asked and was told we could keep our old telephone number.  On Tuesday when we got everything hooked up, we discovered that we have been assigned a new number.  THREE one hour telephone conversations too the call centre in the Philippines and I am "hoping" to have our old number back by this coming Monday.  I am NOT happy and this isn't finished with yet.

There are all sorts of niggling things happening and "stuff" you just have to get used to with a new house.  Overall though we love it.  It's been strange getting used to having neighbours right on your doorstep again.  Other than a couple of VERY nosy neighbours everything has been and is super friendly.

We are living on a building site and they are busy doing the finishing touches with stonework and landscaping outside.  The dust is just awful and it gets everywhere.  We have had a couple of days out of the house busy doing other things, so we got a break from the noise and the dust.

I am hoping to be unpacked by Christmas!!  On Friday we are going to hang drapery rods and draperies in our bedroom, as at the moment I have sheets and a blanket hanging over our windows.  I will post photos as we progress with everything.

I have taken a few quick photos just to show you some things, I will take more better photos when I have more time.

This is the breakfast area.  We bought the table and chairs from Leons and of course one of the seats was torn so had to take that back, but they replaced it without a problem, so that was good.  The light fixture is too sort out and the table is to centre underneath it.  The flowers were a gift from my mam and step-father, they arrived on Monday; which was a lovely surprise.  I need to hunt out a tablecloth that actually fits, that one was the first one I laid my hands on.

 One view of the kitchen, I need a degree on how to use the appliances!!
 Looking from front hall to living room.  All the shears/nets were from our house two houses ago I had kept them.  I may or may not change them eventually, but they will do just fine for the moment.  We get the sun in this room late afternoon to evening.  As the back wall faces north and the two side windows face west.
 This is the front of the house, they have been busy putting in the flower planter this week.
 Back of the house.  The deck has been built and all interlocked underneath it and behind it.  The rest of the shrubbery is to put in and the grass and trees.  It should be quite private once it's all done.......we hope!
 Side of the house. 
 Houses opposite us.  They all have walk out basements and they back onto a golf green and are up a height.  The one that is a two storey has been customized to the hilts so I was told, so it will be interesting to see who moves in.  There are two more houses to the left of that two storey house, both have people living in them.  On our little bit I think there are only five houses occupied, with more people moving in over the summer.
I will write more when I have more time.  I am hoping things will settle down over the next week or two.

20 comments:

Tari Nyach said...

Congratulations on the move! The house is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new home! It must feel strange having close neighbours!

William Kendall said...

A pretty house!

The adjustments will take time.

Terra said...

Beautiful home, love all the stone work and the windows. I think your move is going well, with only the 2 glitches.

ChrisJ said...

Such a nice looking house! I think you will love it once you have it all set up the way you want it.

ChrisJ said...

Such a nice looking house! I think you will love it once you have it all set up the way you want it.

Angela said...

Hoping you are soon settled in properly, praying you will enjoy many years of blessings in your new home xx

Evelyn said...

congrats! it all looks so lovely!

Debby said...

Your home is beautiful!! Everything brand spankin new makes me want to pack it in and buy a new one myself. Enjoy fluffing your new nest :)

The Witch said...

Congratulations on your new home and new adventures. Moving into a new area is always exciting, meeting new neighbours and visiting each others new homes.
You house looks lovely. Can't wait to see more pictures. I love the look of your counter top.
Do you play golf? Sounds like you are close by one.
Happy Friday and hope all work out with Bell.

Boopnut said...

I imagine it will take time to get used to having neighbors! I love the house. You just settle in one bit at a time.
Deb

laura said...

The house looks lovely Gill!

Stella Jones said...

Well good, now you're in and all the little niggles will sort themselves out before too long. I hope you will both be very happy living there and that you won't miss your other home too much. The house is lovely. You must be very pleased indeed with it.

barbara woods said...

Glad you got moved in, did you get your mail changed?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Love the new house! And the neighborhood is lovely.

angela said...

Congrats on the new home. Yes those little things do add up and make your life horrible and take away a little of the excitement of moving. But once fixed you will be as happy as two bugs in a rug xxx

Joolz said...

It all looks lovely - congratulations!
You won't know yourself when you get some grass down so the dust stops flying.

Cheers - Joolz xx

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

It looks lovely - I am sure you will get everything sorted soon x

flowerpower said...

Congratulations on your move it is a beautiful home and you have the patients of a saint.

Rose said...

Congratulations on being moved in...so happy for you. Things really look good. I bet you don't miss all the mowing!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...