Monday, May 20, 2024

No happy medium...........

 Here is an updated photo of May in my temperature cross stitch.


Yesterday was the first day of red appearing.  We had a high of 27 oC.  However with the humidity it hit 30 oC.  Just like in the winter where there was a windchill, in summer we have the humidity, I will not be including either.

The one thing I don't enjoy about Canada, is that the seasons tend to merge into one another.  We tend to miss out on Spring.  It only lasts a few days, then the heat just hits us; we don't much of a happy medium where it's not too cold, nor too hot..  We don't have our a/c on yet, but if the temperatures continue in the 30's, I can see me putting it on this week.

Shockingly though it's a bank holiday/long weekend here, and the weather is really nice.  Generally when there is a holiday it normally pees down...LOL

How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

6 comments:

Linda said...

high 80s, no wind, hot. At least it was not raining. We had blue skies and pretty clouds.

My Piece of Earth said...

I agree with all the say about the weather on long weekend holidays.

The heat I can handle, not the humidity.

Years ago camping with family, it was so cold the water froze in the container. We packed up and came home.

maureenlthompson said...

We actually had a nice Spring this year. The first one in the 19 years I have lived here. It is turning warm now and I did succumb to the air conditioning the last couple of days.XXXXX

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm a happy camper these days, allergies notwithstanding. I love the heat provided the humidity level is low and these temperatures are perfect.

Jackie said...

Cold right now and pretty rainy this morning. I don't think we will be getting nice weather for awhile. Mind you we need the moisture, so I won't complain too much. I would like to be planting though.

God bless.

Linda said...

The heat arrived so quickly and possibly here to stay. Allergy season has also arrived for me. Yuck! Your temperature stitching chart is interesting and a fun way to look back at the weather. I'm not doing much on my website, rather hit and miss for sharing, I see to do more on Instagram. Have a good day.

Sunday Song..........

May not be the best singers out there, but a very catchy tune!