Friday, November 3, 2023

Trip to Costco

R came up to see me on Thursday, so we went to Costco.  I paid for her membership as part of her Christmas gift, so it was an ideal opportunity to do that while she was here.

She was a love and paid for lunch.

Now I have to admit, I LOVE the sausages at Costco and for the grand total of $1.50 you get a sausage in a bun and a drink, you just can't beat that price.  Also as I would never think of cooking those types of sausages at home it's kind of a treat I find.  R had chicken strips and fries.  Again I am not a huge lover of french fries, but do love the ones at Costco.  So all in all, our lunch came to well under $10.  Quite a bargain I think?

Ever since I have got the membership for Costco, people have been raving about the cooked chickens they sell.  A while back I got one, and since then have had a couple more, as they are so moist and juicy.  Also at $7.99 you can't go wrong.  We get three meals out of one chicken, sometimes even more.
My hair is super short in the photo as I had two haircuts in less than 24 hours.  Quite the pain in the butt situation with the hairdressers.  Fortunately my hair grows quite fast!!

They were saying at Costco, that you have to register a credit card when you take out a membership, so that Costco can automatically renew your card each year.  I didn't know that, did you?


9 comments:

Joy said...

I don't seem to have been getting notifications for ages - really sorry, I wasn't deliberately ignoring you.
We don't have a Costco near here or I would be joining, for sure.
xx

Jeanie said...

I have to go to Costco today. That is a good price on lunch. We did not have to register with a credit card when I signed up. Wonder if that's a Canadian rule.

Anne in the kitchen said...

First off, welcome back to the blogworld!
I do not have a card registered to Costco, but when mine rune out it comes up on the register that it is time to renew and I renew it with whatever I am purchasing.

Anonymous said...

From Nannette in Tennessee
So happy that you have restarted your blog (enjoy news from Canada). Also love Costco !

Jackie said...

Hmmm, I did not renew my membership this year, and I really don't like the idea of having a card registered so as to get automatic renewal. We ended up not using ours as much and it was no longer worth it to have. We need to drive 2 hours to get to Costco.

God bless.

Cheryl said...

I live in the US and do not have to register a card either. The cost of that chicken is $5.00 and a hot dog and drink is $1.50. Is your salaries so much higher than ours?

Janice said...

I'm in Alberta. I've been asked for a credit card number when I've renewed but I just say I don't have one and they say fine!! I don't have anything on auto renewal-I don't like that. We often have the Polish hotdog and fries and the drinks. Not bad-$7.00 for two people. We also like the chickens and can get 3 meals out of them. I put the carcass in the freezer until I get a second chicken. Two carcasses makes a nice batch of stock for soup!!

Christy said...

I have read on the local Costco site (Kingston ON) that they do that but you can go on the app and turn off the automatic renewal. Not sure if this is true or not. It's worth a look. I always went 15-16 months between renewals as we didn't go very often.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Yes, I know Costco renews memberships via credit card because they've done that several times with ours. I finally canceled our membership because we have to drive at least an hour to get to one and that's not so doable now that DH has sciatic issues and can't sit in the car for long. I do miss their chickens AND their lunches! Like you, I'm not overly fond of french fries but theirs are really good.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...