Thursday, November 2, 2023

That auction site rabbit hole.....

I am still buying things from the auction site, and it is still a rabbit hole.  I try and look at the site each day, that way it's not over whelming; as now there are up to 15 thousand things listed each week.  I tend to stick to the lower priced items, rather than the higher priced ones.  The place is getting busier and busier.  I popped in on Wednesday afternoon to pick my stuff up and it was heaving.  They are pretty organized though, and I was in and out in less than 30 minutes.  You pay for your stuff, they give you a number and the staff in the back go and pick it.  There is a screen up where you can see your number and an estimated time of how long you will be waiting.

The system works like clockwork.  Anything big, you have to drive round the back to the shipping doors to pick up.  If I had to nit pick about anything, some of the pickers, are very quietly spoken and don't shout out the numbers loud enough.

This week I paid $60 and I got the following:

A pair of anti-fatigue kitchen mats.  They are soft and squishy.  May see if the kids want them as I am no 100% convinced about them.


Now I bought these sets for the scissors.  They are some sort of leather type craft thing.  But as I said I was interested in the scissors only.

This is an audio book.  I do have a CD player, so this will work fine and I only paid $1 for it.


Now I bought something else, but it is part of a Christmas gift, so can't share with you what it is.  Suffice to say I am very happy with it and it will work like a charm for what I have in mind.

Things on this auction site are generally Amazon returns, or Wal-Mart, Costco etc.  You have to know what prices are and do your due diligence. Do you have this sort of thing where you live?

 


5 comments:

Jeanie said...

I used to have some needlepoint scissors like that -- I really liked them and have NO idea where they are now.

jj said...

welcome back! I am on a bidding page on Facebook, I got a piece of my Halloween costume there for $8. Does this auction site have a link? I wonder if there is one in Toronto.

Linda said...

No, I don't as far as I know. What is the site? A link?

Jackie said...

So happy that you are back and posting. I missed your posts. You got some great items for very reasonable prices from that auction site.

God bless.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

The auction site sounds amazing and alas there's nothing like that here. Mind you, if there was I'd likely be tempted to buy things I probably didn't need!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...