Friday, April 12, 2019

The 2019 Great Frosted Glass Debate!!

I have to say this all started with my mother.  She was telling me that she had the Blind Man coming over to measure up some windows in her house for blinds and that included her bathroom.  I was confused as she has a frosted window in her bathroom.  We then got into a debate about if you need blinds on a frosted window.  She was in the yes you do camp and I was in the no you don't camp.

As you can see in our main bathroom we have no blind up as we have a frosted window.


 When I brought this up to my dh though he agreed with my mother {{{SIGH}}}
So to make everyone happy I ordered a top down, bottom up blind from BlindsGalore.  I have ordered from them before and have always been happy with their product.

Do I love this blind, not really, but for $80 CDN it does the job.  Now the neighbours can't see us when we're in the bathroom.  Didn't think they could anyway???

Frosted windows, do you need blinds/curtains up in front of them?  Which camp are you in?

14 comments:

angela said...

A blind will keep the cold out and the heat in.
Plus a window looks naked without some sort of dressing
So I’m in the yes camp. Sorry. Lol
It looks lovely

Joy said...

Both!
If it's a downstairs window then yes, I probably would, but if it's upstairs (and they are usually small and high anyway) then no. I don't have anything here.
xx

Winifred said...

We don't have any blinds or curtain up at the loo or the bathroom windows. I used to have lace curtains but I never closed them.

What is anyone going to see?

Evelyn said...

I am in the no blinds camp

Anonymous said...

Definitely a blind or a curtain of some kind!

Karen said...

I live in the bush and NONE of my windows are frosted. We have a four by five foot window in the bathroom. It makes for a wonderful view into the woods.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am not a curtain or blind person except for necessary privacy so I would vote no blinds.

Little Red Hen said...

A blind or curtain isjust one more thing to dust/wash so no.

Rose said...

I would be in the camp of go out at night and have the light on and see what can be seen...LOL If you can't see anything, no blind. Why have frosted windows if you have to put up blinds/curtains.

William Kendall said...

I wouldn't.

sandi s said...

I’m in the yes camp. Hugs,

Joyce F said...

I'm in the no blinds camp

Jackie said...

We have never put a curtain or blind on a frosted window. However your blind looks lovely.

God bless.

Hels said...

No you don't.
Frosted glass is to maintain privacy.
Curtains are to block the light out. And to collect the dust.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...