Sunday, April 21, 2019

Sunglasses Case..........

I saw this free pattern a while back and thought it looked neat to put my sunglasses in.  It's by Pink Pony Design and is called the Raccoon Case.

I will say I ran into a couple of issues.  For some reason when printing out the pattern, it printed out too short, but wide enough.  I measured from top to bottom to make sure it was 9 inches in length, otherwise it will be too short.

****If you are having trouble finding a long enough zipper, I found a duvet zipper in WalMart which is 60 inches long, all I need are three more zipper heads and I will have enough zippers to make four of these cases***


 Thankfully I used matching fabric, as I inserted my zipper back to front, so the quilted part of the fabric is inside....oops  It is still fine and very functional.
The fabric I used was Inkwell from the collection of Judie Rothermel for Marcus Fabrics.  I have had it in my stash for quite a while.

Thanks Pink Pony Designs, will be making more of these.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Very nice.

Happy Easter.

God bless.

Winifred said...

Very clever Gill.

Happy Easter!

angela said...

They look lovey. Would make great gifts for teachers or for school fete sales

William Kendall said...

Have fun with it.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...