Saturday, August 18, 2018

Using Swagbucks to help others....

I have been a member of Swagbucks for a number of years now, and have earned nearly 148,000 Swagbucks since joining.  I cash all mine out for Amazon e-cards, and for us in Canada 2,000 Swagbucks = $25 in Amazon e-cards.

I enjoy doing the surveys on Swagbucks and you are rewarded for you time.  There is also the daily polls and watching new items and other things also earns you Swagbucks.  You can also earn points buy visiting sites and buying things via the Swagbucks site.

It's like those money back sites, but in this case you get Swagbucks.  Some of the online sites I buy from are Amazon, The Gap, Book Outlet, and all give me Swagbucks back.  

There are daily codes you can earn Swagbucks from and also when you do a search using their search bar, you can earn Swagbucks there as well.  

Overall there are many ways to earn Swagbucks.

Recently I have become very interested in helping others in Northern Canada and have joined a Facebook Site called Northern Canada Mini Projects.  Various organizations in Northern Canada are requesting items for various projects.

I sent a box of books up for a Summer Literacy programme via Book Outlet.  They are looking for sponsors for a Thanksgiving Extravaganza for the Elders in Taloyoak.  There is a programme to help the homeless in Iqaluit.  Plus many more for children, women, for soup kitchens and general needs.

One of the issues I find though with helping people in Northern Canada are the shipping costs.  Unless you can find one of the flat rate boxes which I talked about on this post, it is super expensive so any way to save on shipping costs is a HUGE help.

So this is why I am talking about Swagbucks today.  As Amazon does ship free of charge on orders over $35 to certain areas in Northern Canada.  Iqaluit being one of those places.  So it is a win, win situation for all.  As I am sure like me every penny we earn we need for something, but we all want to help others as much as we can.  So why not use the Swagbucks we earn to cash in for Amazon e-cards and order things off, of Amazon and send them up north?

I tend to cash my Swagbucks in when I reach 2,000 and get a $25 e-card.  Think of all the toiletries I could send up the the Uquutaq Society who looks after the Homeless in Iqaluit, and it would only cost me $20.  For example I could purchase a 10 pack of Ivory soap for $3.96.  If I buy ten packages, so 100 bars of soap for $39.60 + the 13% taxes = $44.75.  Use my $25 Amazon e-card I got from Swagbucks and it is less than $20 out of pocket.

If you would like to join Swagbucks , you can click here, or if you would like to join using my referral link it's here.  If you have any questions about Swagbucks please ask away and I will do my best to answer them.  You can access Swagbucks via your mobile phone; I personally do not do that and just use it on my home computer.  

If you are on your computer or mobile phone on a daily basis you may as well use the Swagbucks site and earn Swagbucks while on there.



4 comments:

Margie from Toronto said...

Thank you for all this information and links. I did try Swaybacks at one point but didn't really understand all the options for getting points so gave up very early. I will rejoin (using your link) and what a great idea to use Amazon for shipping items. A great post to start the day with.

William Kendall said...

Good suggestions. I haven't joined Swagbucks, but I'll look into it.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a good idea and a wonderful way to help others.

Jackie said...

We have Swagbucks here in Canada? Wow! I must look into it as it seems to be a wonderful way to help others.

God bless.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...