Monday, August 27, 2018

Another Sunday looking at houses........

Looked at four homes on Sunday that were having open houses, just so I can cross them off the list, in case we actually sell our house.

First one I walked in and knew right away it wasn't for us.  

Second one was lovely, had a great back yard backing onto trees and a ravine, so no one behind us.  It wasn't fenced in on one side but no biggie and the grass was terrible.  Oh and it was $50,000 over our top budget😕  I could actually see us living there though, which is a first.

Third house needed work which was doable, but didn't like the yard despite the fact it also backed onto trees and a ravine.

Fourth house was okay, could see ourselves living there, BUT despite having a 200 foot deep back yard it was 200 feet down a steep hill, so needed work to make it worthwhile owning it.  Oh and had no fence on one side of it?  Plus the kitchen needed redone and it had no a/c.

Do have a couple of homes that I would like to look at, but they haven't had open houses.  I don't want to bother our real estate agent with them until we have a firm buyer for ours.

Oh well we will know this week if we are going to sell this year or pull the house off the market and put it back on in Spring.  Tired of this house selling thing now!

3 comments:

Jane said...

I enjoy going to open houses too though I have no plans to move. I find it interesting to see how people have decorated or landscaped their homes. It seems some people have no idea how to market their places.

Jackie said...

I look at pictures of houses on the internet in our city. I am just not sure if I want to go through the trouble of listing this one in our depressed market here. Almost every block has at least 2 houses for sale (usually more).

God bless.

William Kendall said...

At some point that'll have to be something I'll have to look into doing myself.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...