Tuesday, March 20, 2018

M.I.A. not really

I know I haven't posted in over a week, so this is a catch up post.  

I have been sick with a head cold thingy.  Felt rotten for a few days; over it now, still a bit tired, but that could also be due to the clocks changing.  I don't do well with the time changes at all; in fact I am worse than a child with it.  My body just does not like it.

I had my birthday last week.  At my age, over 29, it's just another day, although dh did spoil me.  I started off my birthday by having a mammogram.  Nothing like getting your boobies squished on your birthday!  Haven't heard anything, so everything should be alright.

Got my new sewing machine, now to train the person using it how it all works!  So far so good, I will post more about all that in the next few days.  I have a couple of neat things to show you.

If you need me this afternoon I will be in the bathroom, as I am prepping for my first ever colonoscopy tomorrow.  I am having a rip roaring exciting month aren't I!!!  Should have made an appointment for a pap smear then it would have been even more perfect!

We are over half way through the month, so I am hoping everyone is keeping up with their walking?  I have around 80 miles in, so am keeping up with my challenge this month.  Just going to head out for my morning walk when I finish this post.  I have lost my half pound so finally got my 40 lbs off.  Sort of hoping to lose another pound or two over the next day or two with the clean out I am going to get over the next 24 hours!!!!

Weather up and down, but the spring bulbs are starting to peak through the soil.  As today is the first day of Spring, about time I say!

What's happening in your neck of the woods?  Off for my walk now............enjoy the rest of your day.

9 comments:

Joy said...

Happy Birthday and I'm glad you're feeling better now.
J x

Frugally challenged said...

Belated happy birthday. Sympathy for squashed boobies but take consolation - I've had a bilateral mastectomy and the squashing is now even worse!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better. Late last year I had a punch biopsy, believe me that is not much fun either.
I have not walked at all this week as I have had a bug with laryngitis. Hope to get rid of this cough soon.
Patricia

Jane said...

Oh joy! I had a colonoscopy too once I retired and no, they aren't much fun. They gave me some good drugs so I have no memory of the actual procedure, thankfully!

Karen said...

Congratulations on booking your colonoscopy. I come from a family with lost of Colon cancer and crohns so it's a yearly event in my house. You get used to it after awhile.

William Kendall said...

A belated Happy Birthday!

First day of spring here, the temperatures remain below freezing.

maureenlthompson said...

I have had a colonoscopy, the prep is by far the worst part of it. I don't think I would have been walking today though.

Jenn Jilks said...

It's a bad time of year for bugs!

Jackie said...

Happy belated birthday!!

No green peeking up here. In fact we have been getting snow off and on.

God bless.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...