Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Clean as a whistle..........

Well I am glad that is all over with......the colonoscopy.  As a lot of people said the prep is worse than the actual procedure.  Took my first powder/colon cleaner at 1 pm on Tuesday and thought it wasn't bad.  Took the second one at 6 pm Tuesday and didn't hate it.........didn't love it either.  Took my third at 6 am on Wednesday morning, and could have vomited........but didn't!!

I am glad I read all the instructions thoroughly, as staying close to the bathroom was right on the mark.  I mean at times I have never ran as fast for a long, long time!!  On a positive note I lost 2 lbs in weight.  So now when people say to you, "you are full of **it......well I can positively say, no I'm not!!!!

The whole procedure in the hospital took around 20 minutes, but they were running late.  Never felt a thing, was totally out of it until the nurse woke me up in recovery.

So I don't have to have another one for 10 years, as I am as clean as a whistle!!

Anyone frightened or worried about having one; the procedure is a breeze, the prep I will not lie is miserable, but you will survive; have a good clean out and lose a couple of pounds!!!  Also you can have peace of mind knowing that you have been given a clean bill of health.......

8 comments:

Kaisievic said...

So glad to hear that you have been given a clean bill of health - that is wonderful news.

William Kendall said...

It's the knowing that you don't have to have it done again for years which is the nice part.

Country Gal said...

Glad all went well and your clear . I have had both done at the same time colonoscopy and endoscopy a few years ago I called it being squired lol ! Yes I was put to sleep as well all was good . Now you can relax and not worry about it any more .

Evelyn said...

glad to know it isn't too bad! I have yet to have one, they send out a kit so you can do it yourself at home but i am lazy about that.

Practical Parsimony said...

I never made it to recovery. I woke up while the nurse had her back turned and said, "Is it over?" She screeched and said I scared her as I was not supposed to wake up so soon. I need it done for the third time. I had polyps.

Karen said...

I have the misfortunate to come from a family with a serious history of bowel diseases from colon cancer to crohns to ulcerative colitis, so I take my colonoscopy very seriously and get them every two years. I find that altering my diet a couple of days before the swoop really helps with the misery. It's a small price to pay to alleviate a lot of that discomfort.

Jackie said...

I am glad that all went well.

God bless.

Jenn Jilks said...

Good news.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...