Tuesday, March 13, 2018

"A good workman never blames his tools.'

That's an old saying and so very true.

It's well known in our family that I have a lead foot when driving.  So the other day I was driving dh to do some grocery shopping.  The road we drive on goes from 70 to 60, to 50, down to 40 kmph.  Now be fair to me, I generally drive in each zone, with the first number corresponding to the right number.  The last number.............well that's debatable.

So we are driving along, and at the last minute I see a police car coming towards me.

Me: "blast, never saw him."

Dh, is rolling his eyes and smirking.

Me: "it's this car's fault, it goes too fast."

Dh, again rolling his eyes and shaking his head.

Me: "it is."

Dh: "A good workman never blames his tools."

Me: "I guess; then it must be my feet, they're too heavy."

Dh, just sighs and says: "Just don't use that excuse if you get stopped!!"


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My foot has the same pressure on the gas peddle but it still creeps up over the speed limit. I blame the car, it can't be my foot!!!

Patricia

William Kendall said...

I tend to keep it to the speed limit.

Winifred said...

That's so funny Gill.

Jane said...

I have the same problem!! Someone told me that you're ok as long as you don't go more than 10km over the speed limit - hope they're right!

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...