Wednesday, August 16, 2017

How I have benefited from walking.

Yesterday I seemed to focus on the negative aspects of walking, today I will focus on the positive things that have happened since I have taken up walking.


  1. My overall health has improved.
  2. I have lost weight.
  3. I am sleeping better.
  4. I am meeting people; generally the same ones every day.  We always say a quick hello or a few words as we pass one another.
  5. I am seeing more wildlife which is always a plus.  We have so many rabbits around here.
  6. My leg muscles seem so much stronger with walking up and down the hills.
  7. Although I still puff and pant I don't feel as though I am going to die after doing a three mile walk😎
  8. With losing the weight and walking I have stopped taking one of my prescription pill's.  I am hoping to cut another one out in the next few months.
However with saying all that on Tuesday morning, my legs felt like a hundred pounds each.  I was having an off day, but did still manage to walk.  

My stats for Tuesday:


  • Steps walked: 10,800
  • Floors climbed: 19
  • Minutes exercised: 57
  • Miles walked: 4.58
We are half way through the month of August and I am "hoping" to lose another 6 lbs before the end of the month.  I seem to have reached a "plateau" at the moment and can't move over a certain weight; so I need every bit of encouragement I can get.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Isn't it nice to make new friends. Like you I see the same people every morning. Now I have started to see those exact same people when I go shopping or in other places.

Hopefully you get over the plateau very soon.

God bless.

barbara woods said...

it will pass just keep on walking

William Kendall said...

You'll get more and more used to it as time goes on.

Winifred said...

That's brilliant. Hope the weather keeps good for your walking, it's great when it's fine. Take care.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...