Friday, April 29, 2016

This is getting ridiculous.......

This is what our front lawn has looked like since December of 2015:


Back when they originally built the subdivision/estate the builders ran a pipe from the old water pumping house to where a second one would be built.  Fast forward x amount of years and the new pump house has been built just down the road from us.  So that both pumping houses "talk" to one another electronically, a fibre optic cable has to be fed through the pipe.

That's when they ran into a "situation" and the pipe was bent or something??  So they dig up our front lawn, then promptly fill it back in again, then decide that was a mistake and dig it back out again.  There is a big man hole and a smaller manhole under that plywood, plus around a foot drop in grade.  They filled it part way up with "stuff," not sure what but it's not soil.  

Since then nothing has happened.........absolutely NOTHING!  I have asked various people and they seem to think we are still waiting for the fibre optic cable to be fed through the pipe.  I have sent the property management an email, waiting to hear back from them.  

We have the "big" boss' son moving in opposite us, so I need to watch out for the boss and grab him and see if I can pry some information out of him.  The gardeners are back for the season and you know if you have followed the blog for a while what a love/hate relationship I have with them.  However, even they can't make the garden look any worse at this point???

Anyone who asks me about the hole in my garden I tell them I have renters in there and I charge a lot!  Meanwhile the dogs love going past there as there are chipmunks hiding out in the hole.........as I said this is getting ridiculous....


10 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh my! That does seem like a long time to have a hole that no one seems to know much about when it will be fixed. I sure hope you get it resolved soon... But the dogs will be disappointed !
Blessings,
Betsy

Jenn Jilks said...

What a mess!

mamasmercantile said...

Wow, that is a long time to live with a hole in your front garden. I really do hope it is resolved soon. Take care.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I am sure this is very annoying -- especially not being able to get any answers at all. It almost seems as if it has been forgotten. Are the manholes open without lids? If so that is a safety hazard and I would think the powers that be would certainly not want to hear from your lawyer. I hate to have to make threats but ..... well, you know.

Boopnut said...

Can you get a lawyer? This must certainly affect your property value. Do you go after the city, the government, the association? I would think an attorney would know.
Deb

William Kendall said...

That is a headache!

barbara woods said...

looks like they could do better then that

One Family said...

that's terrible! I can see why you are so annoyed. I'm sure they have all these rules on what YOU can and can't do with your property (ie. eyesores) yet they can leave it like this? They'd get really sick of hearing me call about it ;)

angela said...

That would so annoy me. You pay all that money for a nice new house and this is what you get.
Yup I'd be very angry indeed

Northern Living Allowance said...

Yikes! That's an absurd amount of time to have that on your lawn. Time to take out the paints and make them into gnomes, I think! At least they'd be a bit nicer to look at then. Or if, as you say, the boss's son is moving in across the street, that might get them taken care of faster. No one seems to like those poor gnomes. Regardless, hope it gets sorted soon xx

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...