The snow has gone..........well I hope so....there is a rain/snow mix forecast for Monday. I had turned off the heating, but had to put that back on.
The count down has began for the babies. One should be here within the month, the other a week or so later. So I have been sewing up a storm for the new babies and the older grandchildren. I will share over the next few days.
As far as renovating the basement goes I am ready to pull out my hair/hit my head against the wall with trying to find a contractor to drywall the basement. So far this has what has happened:
- First contractor showed up more or less on time, however a week and a half later we are still waiting for a quote? Should have it by the first of the week.......
- Second came, measured up and called two days later saying the job was too big for him?????
- Via Facebook, promised to call two times, still waiting ........
- Called a one recommended by a local hardware store, "he may call back when he gets time!"
- Called another one again recommended by local hardware store. Made an appointment never turned up and never called??
- Facebook contact turned up, and discovered he hangs the drywall but does not do the sanding and taping??
- Called another recommended by another local hardware store. Didn't call when he said, but did two days later and turned up on time when he said. He was actually nice and knew what he was talking about and can do it by the end of May/beginning of June; just waiting for a quote from him.
If people don't want the job, just tell me. If you are going to be late, just call me. If you have to cancel, fine just let me know..........that's not asking a lot in my opinion?
If I can get a quote from number 1 and compare it with number 7, we will go with number 7. At this point I just want it done. Dh is on doing the electrics and will be done by the end of May.
I have made a big pot of meat sauce using this recipe, so now to go and make a couple of things with it, including a lasagna. The sauce does look good though:
Of course more has happened, will fill you in over the next few days. If you are reading this thank you for sticking by me!!