I am the worst blogger out there, really. What is my problem? It's a new year so like a lot of you out there I guess I'll make a belated New Year's resolution and start blogging again. I think my problem is that I have a pretty boring mundane life, and who on earth would want to read about it? I do though have a few things in the works though and over the next few months I will begin to share with you what's going on.
The one thing I will share with you today though, is that we are going to be grandparents again TWICE this year in the space of a week or two. Our Little Princess and Our Little Man are getting a brother or sister at the end of May and Our Little Munchkin will be getting a brother or sister a week or two later.
So as you can imagine, quilting and knitting are high on my to-do list this year. However I also have a number of other things on my to-do list for the year. I wonder of I make a list, it will help me achieve them? I guess it won't hurt?
1. Prepare for two new grand babies.
2. Knitting a pair of socks - it has been on my to-do list since I started knitting.
3. Prepare "stock" for a table at a Christmas Sale in November/December - I'll talk about that at a later date.
4. Finish the basement, or get as much done as possible to the carpeting stage, so in Spring of 2017 all we have to do is put the carpet down there. This situation is all down to money.
5. Put plans in motion for dh to retire in the next couple of years - this is something I would like to explore more in depth and will do in many posts over the year.
6. Explore more ways to save money and share with you all, what works and what doesn't.
7. Be more organized. I know I do have that "A" type personality, but I have been letting things slip recently, so need to be more on top of things.
8. Get the rest of the main floor decorated - another big chunk will be done by the end of the month.
9. Try and go away on vacation later in the year.
10. Menu plan - this is a hard one for me, but if I do it I feel more organized.
11. Come up with ways to save money when grocery shopping, as believe me the price of food is rising by the day.
If there is a subject you would like me to explore please let me know.
And finally, just because, here is my first knitting for one of the new babies to be. It's one of the baby gnomes, customized by me. He or she is less than six inches in height.
That is the phone next to it, and I made a matching baby hat. The books on the side are ones I have to review, so keep an eye out for those reviews. Fingers crossed I can manage a post for tomorrow!!