Friday, January 29, 2016

A first for us and it's a keeper.....

We had spaghetti squash for the first time on Thursday night and it was good.  Around Christmas time there was a recipe floating around Facebook for Spaghetti Squash Chicken Parmesan.  Here is the link to the Facebook video.

I bought a spaghetti squash a couple of weeks ago and decided to finally make it last night.  Here is what it looked like:
I followed the recipe, but instead of using fresh chicken I used breaded chicken strips and cooked them in the toaster oven with the spaghetti squash.  Chicken took less time to cook. 

If I had a veggie garden I would be growing these squash, as they are pretty tasty.  This is an easy recipe to make.  We served ours with garlic bread.  I will be making this again.

11 comments:

Betsy said...

That looks absolutely delicious. I've made spaghetti squash quite a bit from squash from our garden, but I never thought to put spaghetti sauce and chicken with it. I usually just put some butter in a bake it Yum.
Blessings, Betsy

angela said...

Looks yummy.

thrift deluxe said...

I have never eaten spaghetti squash, if I ever come across it I will certainly try it. Your meal sounds flavour packed.

EG CameraGirl said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for the link!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I love spaghetti squash! I had it a couple of weeks ago with my daughter's pesto chicken recipe and it was delish! Hubs is diabetic so pasta doesn't work too well with his blood sugar but the squash made a lovely side for the chicken. Since the chicken had cheese on it I just tossed the squash with garlic butter and served garlic bread with it.

Karen said...

I love spaghetti squash. It's a really nice alternative for folks who are gluten intolerant too. When I was off gluten it was my go to pasta alternative.
When my grandaughter was a babe she loved the stuff. I hope her mummy still gives it to her.

Jackie said...

Spaghetti squash is yummy, but I have never seen it made in this manner. Thanks for the link.

God bless.

William Kendall said...

That sounds like a different way to have it. I've never tried squash.

Rose said...

It looks delicious!

Winifred said...

Never heard of spaghetti squash will have to check it out. Looks a great recipe Gill.

Belinda said...

Oh wow, that looks so good, Gill. I'm going to have to try that one. :)

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...