Monday, April 27, 2015

New Light Fixture.....

Picked up a new light fixture for the breakfast nook on Saturday and dh hung it on Sunday.  I wanted a fan in there as it gets rather warm in that area, despite being open plan.  We got this fan at Home Depot and it is a LED light, so energy efficient.  Mind you I bought it for the fan rather than the light!!  The chrome matches the fixture in the kitchen itself, which I like and have no plans to remove.

As it was from Home Depot it didn't cost us the kids inheritance to buy!!  I also wanted one with a remote control so there are no strings hanging down.  I like the clean look.

I bought some herb plants on Saturday and wanted something to put them in.  I found this Victoria and Albert herb planter at HomeSense.  It features a William Morris print.  I have five herb plants to plant though and I could only find one of these.  Too pretty though to pass up.

16 comments:

Evelyn said...

Love the herb planters!

angela said...

Maybe you can put two herbs in one pot. The fan looks very nice

Anonymous said...

You have the best taste in lighting fixtures!

As for those cute plant pots, you could have bought two sets :)

Gillian said...

The planters are lovely. Maybe you'll find something else for the rest of the herbs. The fan looks really good.

Pom Pom said...

Nice! I love the fan and the pots! I like your granite, too!

Jenn Jilks said...

A good time all around!
BTW
My cactus, I found out, is called an Orchid cactus!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I really like the way your house is coming along!

slugmama said...

That's what I want.....a remote control overhead fan!!
Thank you for giving my want a voice, and emptying my wallet for me....lolz

Little Red Hen said...

Oooh, I didn't know you could get ceiling fans with remote controls. Those pull things drive me nuts.

barbara woods said...

my husband loves remote control any thing

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Gill, I like the look of your new fan and you have wonderful high ceilings. I didn't know you could get a remote control one, so even better. I am going to make a note of this post for when we replace ours, which should be in the not too distant future. Pretty herb pots too.

William Kendall said...

I've got a ceiling fan... but I never use it!

Cheapchick said...

Love the clean lines of the fan. Those herb pots are too cute

Anne in the kitchen said...

I love the fan and love the fact that it is remote. I have the ugliest, brassiest, shiniest, fan in my den but the blooming thing works great. For the 17 years we have been in this house I have been waiting for it to die so I can replace it. Not only does it show no signs of imminent death, it works like a charm. Curses well made ugly products!

thrift deluxe said...

I really like your herb pots, lovely design.

Scarlet said...

Love the light fitting- it's the nicest fan I have seen by a very long way.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...