Friday, July 25, 2014

Just call me Sheldina........

Now if you watch The Big Bang Theory, you'll understand this post.  If you don't sorry it may not make sense.

I was talking with a neighbour the other night and I was telling her a story about a couple of things that had happened.

The big boss "R" had popped by the house as I had a couple of concerns with some things outside.  We had our conversation and agreed on this and that and he went on his way.

Later that day the carpenter came by to put the stairs on the back deck.  I was surprised to see him and he said:

"Heard you weren't happy as you had no steps so "R" said I had to do them right away."

That wasn't true and I told him so and said sorry that he had to come over when he was busy with other things and would he like a cold drink as it was a stinking on day.  He took it and I felt better.

At 5 pm that day I was barbecuing some burgers when a vehicle full of gardeners turned up.  One was talking on a phone and they kept looking over at our back.  They all got out and descended onto our back.  I asked them what they were doing and "R" had told their boss that they had to clean up the weeds in our back.

Now I will admit to telling "R" about this as it was bad, but these guys leave by 5 pm.  It was a stinking hot day, they were having to work late and were probably hungry and here I was cooking burgers.  I apologised that I didn't have enough burgers to go around, there were five of them, so offered them a cold drink, which they all took and I felt better.

This is where the Big Bang Theory connection comes in.  When someone is upset, Sheldon knows he has to offer them a hot beverage.  When I feel guilty, even when it's not my fault I offer a cold beverage, as a way of easing my conscious.  That why my neighbour said we should call me "Sheldina," from now on!!



By the way I LOVE The Big Bang Theory, one of my favourite shows on TV.

11 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

I'm a huge fan of the BBT, so I did understand your post.

Andi's English Attic said...

BAZINGA!
Still, the jobs are done. xx

Evelyn said...

My favourite show too! Wow R is really on the ball! don't worry about the workers, they may be glad to get the overtime.

EG CameraGirl said...

I think you were a saint to offer them a cold drink. :)

Anonymous said...

Or we could call you Shelly!

Rose said...

I don't watch the show...but I still got that you were easing your conscious!

William Kendall said...

The cold drink is welcome, no doubt.

I've never watched the show.

Winifred said...

They would have really appreciated that I'm sure.

Have to say I don't get the Big Bang Theory at all. Probably my age.

T'Pol said...

That's funny! I love the Big bang Theory.

T'Pol said...

That's funny! I love the Big bang Theory.

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Love the BBT, & I am sure the cold drink was welcome regardless.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...