Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wanted to thank you all for all your help

yesterday with identifying the William Adams & Son piece.  I sent an email to the Wedgwood Museum in England, as they bought out the William Adams factory in the 60's, to see if they could actually identify the exact age re; the backmark, as I still could not find the exact one.  So fingers crossed they get back to me at some point.

I have joined a monthly quilting club.  It's costing a huge $10 for the year and the material is supplied for the quilt squares for each month.  This is the first month's square:
As you can see it's not perfect and that's because of the way I cut it out, not the way it was sewn.  Though I felt like a brand new quilter when attempting this block as it's been over a year since I last did any quilting.  Couldn't even remember how to use my 1/4 inch foot.......  Mind you I had better remember it soon, as I have a baby quilt to make for Thanksgiving Weekend.

I think I'll make a start on it today!!!

10 comments:

Lena said...

Nice job! It's a great start!!

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

$10. incl material a year? unheard of! How could you not join? Alas I do not sew, as I am not the crafty type.

Jane and Chris said...

I can't sew to save my life.
Jane x

Piece by Piece said...

Gill, $10.00 a year, that's a bargain for sure.
Your block looks good to me, will all the blocks be combined for a particular quilt?
Baby quilt for Thanksgiving 2012?, get to work girl, you have only two weeks.
Practice makes perfect.
LOL
Patricia

Rose said...

Oh, I forgot your Thanksgiving comes earlier than ours...do you know what you are making for the baby quilt?

I think $10 is a bargain!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I love quilting I am sorry to say I have not dragged my sewing machine out since I started blogging. Sad isn't it?
I think a quilting club that is that cheap and supplies the material is a great thing. B

EG CameraGirl said...

Amazing that the club costs only $10 a year! I like the colours in this block.

The Witch said...

Gill,
What a amazing price to be part of a quilting club and they supply the materials? What is the clubs name I'm sure more of your blogger
friends may also like to join. Do they include instructions and how big is the quilt when finished?
I think you have done a good job on this block and can't wait to see the next one.
You better hurry and get started on your baby quilt if it is to be done by Thanksgiving.

Tania said...

Looks pretty good so far. Cant wait to see more...

Re the Quandong question on my blog; Quandongs are indigenous to Arid Australia. I stew them with sugar added as they can be quite tangy. Jam and chutney can be made with them. I make desserts like crumble and pies with mine :)

x

x

Unknown said...

Your trip to Erin-Loved this post. What a pretty high street, are they all like that in Canada? Loved the violet cup and saucer you drank from. How amazing to be spotted by a fellow blogger, you are famous! And the F and B paint! Were you tempted?
Sorry to here about the garage roof.

DH’s birthday-Point noted about Gravel Roads (when we do make it to Canada).
I LOVE the entrance to At the Crossroads restaurant! What a shame about the bland food!

The book of the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Those Foolish Things) is far better than the film (which I enjoyed because it brought back happy memories of India for me).
It is more thought provoking too.

Sorry to hear about your allergies playing up. You poor thing!

I love the blue Staffordshire serving bowl you bidded for. Just beautiful! What a find.

Congrats on your quilting at the club! What a great idea. I wouldn’t have a clue. So many bloggers are talented and I’m not. But I love looking at what people have made.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...