Monday, May 19, 2008

My first ever post........

It's funny, I have been thinking about creating my very own blog for ages now, but have been putting it off, and putting it off. I am not sure why, maybe it has something to do with that reserved British side of me, do I want everyone knowing everything about me. Well the solution to that I suppose, is only post what I am comfortable with everyone in the world knowing about. Pretty simple solution when you think about it, don't know why I took so long to figure that one out.

Then there is the technical side of things, how do I post photos, how do I set a blog up, and how do I set it out so that people can read it. Then of course, do I actually have anything interesting to say to people? What may interest one person, may bore the living daylights out of another?

Anyhow I have decided what the heck, I am going to give it a go. I don't think I will stick to one subject, I will post about all sorts. I have a number of interests. One thing I have a great interest in is saving money. I have read so many blogs and visited so many sites and gained so much information that I would love to spread the word on saving money.

Another of my loves is cooking, I have a lot of great recipes that I have collected and modified over the years that would be a great for other people to try.

Gardening is something I really enjoy, and hope to share photos with you all of my garden, the success's, which I hope there are a lot, and my failures, which I would love to think will be none, but that is wishful thinking.

I started to quilt just over a year ago and that has been fun, I'll never be a master quilter, but I do love what I have done so far. I am also starting to scrapbook, but honestly the whole thing is scaring me to death, as I have tons and tons of photos with no dates on them in a big pile. I can see there will be plenty of posts on my progress, or even lack of progress in that department.

So there you go, my first ever post, fingers crossed I'll figure all the technical stuff out!!!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Congrats!! You will LOVE your blog! my blog is also a mismash of cooking, gardening, every day life, couponing, etc. it is a blast! Can't wait to here more from you!

Gill - That British Woman said...

Why thank you Samantha, its a work in progress at this moment!!!

John Drummond said...

$260.00 on your hair?? You must earn too much and your poor suffering boss should cut your wages in half.

Gill - That British Woman said...

Mr Drummond, if I were you I would fire that rotten woman, I wouldn't put up with that!!!!! ;)

(for other's reading this comment, Mr Drummond is the poor suffering boss, I am the rotten woman...LOL)

clairz said...

I'm so glad you started, and continued! It was very hard for me to figure out what to call my blog at first, because it was about moving from one side of the country to the other, and about traveling and learning and books and dogs and history and... well, you get the idea.

Some of us can't help it, we're just interested in a whole bunch of things!

Well, I got here from Skywatch and am off to read some more.

Unknown said...

Here i am leaving a comment on your first ever post. After reading it, i wish i had started following 7 years earlier.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...