Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Air Fryer

I finally gave in and got one.  I actually bought one the other week but when I got it home it was way too small, so returned it.  Canadian Tire had this one on sale for $175.00  As you can see it's the big one, but what I liked most about this one it has two baskets, so you can cook more than one thing at once.

I will say the downside is the size of it.  It is big, so I have had to shuffle things around and may do more moving things around yet.
I decided to start out slow and easy, so cooked some sausages for hubby, and I had bought some chicken breasts and cut off a couple pieces from the chicken.  We were having wraps for supper.  I tossed the chicken breasts in some Greek salad dressing.  Cooked both items on air fry for 20 minutes.  Both items came out juicy and cooked great.
I do not like using the BBQ, so am hoping it will replace that.  I have some chicken burgers I want to try in the air fryer.  Also have some veggie burgers, so will try that as well.

I will keep you updated on how it all goes.  With it being so hot and humid, it was nice that the kitchen was heated up due to me using the air fryer.

Oh and almost forgot, got a bonus $25 in Canadian Tire points for buying this, so that will come in handy sometime.


7 comments:

Linda said...

I bought one and loved it. Then Tommy broke the latch washing it! I have yet to purchase another. I am thinking about replacing the microwave with a small appliance that will microwave and air fry. I think I saw one of those somewhere. I like yours that can cook two things at once. Everything I cooked in the air fryer came out well.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I experimented by purchasing a gently used air fryer from Facebook marketplace. I ended up liking it very much. Like you, I find that meat comes out very juicy. I've done chicken thighs and breasts and pork chops. All have been great. I also have done frozen french fries which are good if you time it right. (Don't forget to shake them part way through cooking). Have fun trying different things! -Jenn

Karen said...

I like the idea of them, but have no counter space.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Our kitchen is too small for any additional appliances but I think an air fryer would be worth having if we had the space for it. I'll be interested in hearing how you like yours as you test it out.

My Piece of Earth said...

I cook salon portions in mine they come out nice after about 15-20 min depending on the size.

Joy said...

You have the same as I do. I love mine and use it so much now instead of the oven - it must be saving me a small portion. xx

Stella said...

I have that same air fryer. I love it.

Sunday Song

From 1977 - Thelma Houston; Don't You Leave Me This Way I remember dancing to this......... However I prefer this version and remember d...