Monday, July 22, 2024

Back again.......

 Just got caught up with my temperature cross stitch.


We are more than half way through July, and honestly I am over Summer.  I am not a fan of the heat and the humidity.  The humidity really drags me down.  We did get a couple of "cooler" days last week, but still too warm for me.

I have just got this book from the library, so far, so good.


I have also started this puzzle:


This one is a bit bigger than my usual 1,000 pieces.  I got it on clearance at HomeSense for $11.  When I get a puzzle, I sort out the edge pieces from the inside pieces.  Then put the outside edges together and then start on the inside.   My table is just big enough to hold the 1,500 pieces.

Is that how you start a puzzle?

5 comments:

Joy said...

The cross stitch is looking good and it's a very graphic representation, isn't it? xx

Patio Postcards said...

Your cross stitch is certainly filling in, who knew that 2024 would need so much yellow & orange. That's a big puzzle & the boxcover photo shows it to be a busy one. I've never been a puzzle doer other than a few on the computer within our Christmas Advent calendar, so I admire your skill to complete such complicated ones. :)

My Piece of Earth said...

Always start my puzzles that way too.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Every time you post an update of your temperature project I like it even more. I like that it's not a huge time commitment too.
As for puzzles, when I do one, which isn't often, I always sort out the edge pieces and do them first.

Rose said...

That is a great buy on the puzzle. At home and for years, we/I always hunted the edge pieces and put them together first. And I still hunt the edge pieces first. and if my daughter is working one with me, we usually put the edge pieces together first. But for the past few years at home, I put the inside together and then finished with the edge pieces. It is easier to slide sections around with the edge being in place. Others have tried it and not liked it, but if I had to choose just one way, it would probably be save the edge pieces till last.

Have you looked at the Cross and Glory Puzzles on Amazon? They are different.

Sunday Song

From 1977 - Thelma Houston; Don't You Leave Me This Way I remember dancing to this......... However I prefer this version and remember d...