Sunday, November 24, 2019

Another craft show, want your thoughts.....

I have another craft show coming up this Saturday November 30th.  I am only participating on the Saturday, as I have mixed feeling about participating in, in these types of events.  

Here is my "photo collage" I had to submit to get approved for the show.  My daughter did it for me and I do love how it looks.  Everything in this poster is available to purchase.

I have found there's a 50/50 chance of it being a total washout or a success with a craft show and there are pro's and con's to them.

Pro's:

  • you get to meet a lot of lovely people........and I have met some great people
  • you make a lot of contacts and get your name out there
  • you sell your things
  • you get to see what other people are selling/making
  • you go to places you have never been before
Con's:
  • you sell nothing (thank goodness it's never happened to me....yet!)
  • you meet some very strange people
  • it's tiring, especially if there are not a lot of people attending
  • it can be demoralizing when people hum and ha over things and nit pick
  • it's hard being nice and smiley when you know for a fact people have no interest in buying anything
As this is my first year doing this, I am making notes about various places and make notes of what I sell at each event.  The verdict is out yet on what I will do in the future regarding craft shows.  

Do you like going to craft show?  Have you been a vendor at a craft show?  I would love to hear your thoughts about this.........

8 comments:

Jackie said...

My Mom did one craft show a year and it was always the one she did the best at the first time she tried.

I think you should do those you enjoy doing and leave some out. Going almost every weekend must be very tiring.

God bless.

Practical Parsimony said...

I was a vendor for about ten years. Most of the time, I loved it. Some days, I wanted to die. It is a mixed bag. Thankfully, I sold $600 at my first show. That helped to set a good vibe for the rest. How are you doing so far?

Barb said...

I love going to craft shows. but I fully admit I am one of those people who goes for ideas about new stuff I could make for myself and others as much as to buy stuff. When I do buy something it tends to be something I know I cannot make myself (hello, jewelery and wood).

Jenn Jilks said...

I enjoy attending craft shows. Early in the morning, before the crowds. I get the hee bee jeebies!
We try and buy what we can to support people.

Bettina Groh said...

If you think someone is not going to buy.... it's time to start schmoozing with them. Find something to talk about... people who connect with you tend to buy. Smile at everyone!

Practical Parsimony said...

/whatever you do, do not sit down and read. You can sit, but look interested and get up immediately.

Evelyn said...

I don't go to craft shows. I hate shopping in general and to be honest I have no use for what most are selling. I am not a knick knacky person and neither are anyone I would buy for. I prefer yard sales and flea markets.

William Kendall said...

I agree with Jackie.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...