Monday, May 6, 2019

Daughter's Sling Along Bag and Sunglasses case......

Dd wanted a case to put her sunglasses in when she saw the one I made and loved this Tula Pink fabric I had on hand.   As a reminder there is a link to the pattern on this blog post.  I used a heavier weight fusible fleece as the padding and just used the same material inside and out.  I will be showing you another couple of sunglasses cases I have made from fabric scraps later in the week, as this literally uses to pieces of fabric 9 inches by 9 inches, plus the two pieces of batting and one half of a zipper.

Now finding 25 inch zippers is a pain.  So I have found duvet cover zippers are 60 inches long, so you can get four sunglasses case's with the one zipper; BUT you only have one zipper head, so I buy three cheap zippers (usually 3 for $1) and use the zipper heads from them. 

The one I used for this one was a 22 inch zipper and it was a pain to put in.





Then I made her a Sling Along Bag and it turned out lovely.  Also a lot easier to make the second time around.

Fabric I used was:

Grey Poppy was Sarah Watts Magic Forest for Cotton + Steel (I would not use this fabric for bags in the future, not enough body in it; too soft for a bag)
Coral was Rae Ritchie for Dear Stella #SRR512
Grey was Basic Grey Metropolis for Moda Fabrics #30565




Below is one of the ladies bag who took the class with me, in a gorgeous Tula Pink print. She hadn't quite finished it when I took the photo.

Here are my two beside her bag. Such a lovely selection of fabric there.




9 comments:

Joy said...

You make such wonderful bags!
xx

Jackie said...

Just beautiful!!

God bless.

Karen said...

Your sling bags are amazing!

barbara woods said...

love bag and sun glass case

Karen said...

You should consider making some of these to sell. I know I would be interested. We do not have many quality fabric shops near me and I know that my sewing stills would never enable me to make something like this. I think many might be a nterested in a one f a kind bag.

William Kendall said...

Very well done!

DeniseinVA said...

Very nice, useful as well as pretty.

You asked about the motion sensor camera I use for our back deck. Here is the link below. I bought it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074599LXN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jean said...

Ditto what Karen said

Shelly said...

Hi Gill, Did you purchase the poppy fabric at Country Concessions? I haven't seen it in any of my local quilt shoppes - so a road trip might be in order!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...