Sunday, July 22, 2018

Couple more finishes......

I posted back here about getting some new material in the mail.  So the other day I made dd a tote bag using the cactus canvas and the webbing.  The grey material was from my stash.


I used it to go knitting with and it's a perfect size at around 18" x 18"  The sign is from the real estate agent, reminding people to remove their shoes before walking around the house.  We take off our shoes when going into someone elses home, so we don't get their floors or carpets dirty with muddy or dirty shoes.  It's a common practice and it is frowned upon if you don't take your shoes off.



I knit these hats the other week.  I took down the two on the left hand side of the photo.  The orange one was for Nora, but Paige claimed it😉 So I thought I had better make another one for Nora.


 I ended up knitting this one in bubblegum pink and blue, I doubled up the yarn to make it super thick and warm; the pattern only calls for worsted yarn.  Nora is liking blue at the moment for some reason.  I love this knitting pattern as it is so easy.  Using US 8 or 5mm circular needles, cast on 77 stitches, join knitting in the round and then knit two, purl two until the hat measures 9 inches.

To decrease:

Row 1: knit two, then knit two together until end of row
Row 2: knit
Row 3: knit one, knit two together until end of row
Row 4: knit
Row 5: knit two together until end of row

Cut yarn and thread tail through remaining stitches and sew in.
I love this Patons Canadian yarn for knitting the kids' hats, as it's a great priced yarn and if the kids lose their hat it's not the end of the world.  It washes well and has some give and comes in many colours.  I get mine from Angie at The Knitting Basket.  This is The Knitting Basket's Facebook page   If you have chance pop in and say hello and said I sent you!

2 comments:

Fishcake_random said...

I love that cactus print! I've seen a few prints similar lately, maybe it'll be the next craze after the pineapples fad fades. X

William Kendall said...

Well done!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...