Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Christmas shopping..........


yes I know I mentioned the "C" word, but you know me I like to be organized. I am nearly done with all the grandkids.  When there is six to buy for it can get expensive, so shopping for deals is a must.

I picked up their Christmas pj's from Hatley's sale the other month.  Love their quality, well worth paying that little bit extra for, and when I can get all six a pair of pj's for under $90 for all of them, I can say I did well.

I also made out like a bandit at Chapters Indigo as well.  They have a summer reading programme on at the moment.  When you buy a child's book, you get a stamp.  Five stamps = $10 off a child's book or toy.  Combine that with the buy 4 items for $10 in the children's department and there was a bonus points thing going on one weekend, I swear I cleaned up there!!!  On the 4 items for $10 table, there were also games, puzzles, boxed crafts as well as sticker books, reading books and packages of books.  I see they also have free shipping on books all summer, so even if you don't live near a Chapter's store, you can take advantage of the deals they have.

I still put $20 a week away in my Christmas jar.  Been doing that for years and will continue to do that.

How is you Christmas shopping going?  Do you buy months in advance or are you a last minute shopper?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't buy months in advance but I don't last minute either, I have been enjoying the great sales at Chapters as well, those Pj's sound like a great deal!

William Kendall said...

I don't really do anything for Christmas, so it's a moot point for me.

I passed through a spot here yesterday where Christmas wreaths were placed on windows and workers were putting up decorations around hydro posts. I wondered if one of the shops had lost their proverbial mind and was already getting started, but it turns out that it was a film crew prepping the spot. They're filming a television movie set at Christmas time.

Karen said...

Christmas knitting and sewing happening here in earnest!

angela said...

I too start months in advanced
I usually wait until hubbys birthday in September and then it’s all about Christmas
With two granddaughters this year I’m going to have lots of fun buying for them both
The trouble is, not going overboard lol

Jackie said...

I have my list of handmade gifts, some of the fabric or yarn to make them and that is as far as things have gotten. I plan on starting making things by the end of the month (which is coming up way to quickly).

God bless.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...